Mountain Project Logo

Bishop conditions this weekend?

Original Post
Ned · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 10

Are the Buttermilks still covered by feet of snow? Any idea about the Tablelands? Any chance they dry out by this weekend?

Thanks,
Ned

Cory B · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 2,577

Hahahahahhahah!

Ned · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 10

Are you there now? bishopweather.com/ seems to make it look like the valley is snow-free, and a couple rainless days could dry things out. Wondering if anyone there can give a conditions report.

Alex Martin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 66

I'm in bishop. It's raining now. Supposed to clear out tonight and sun tomorrow (Fri). Weekend looks clear with highs in the mid 40s. The dirt roads going to the table lands are pretty shot so drive slow. Happy bouldering I'll probably see you out there

MisterE Wolfe · · Grass Valley, CA · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 8,092

Snow on the ground this morning on the north end. Still a bit cloudy, but snow has melted.

May take until Sunday for stuff to dry out at The Tablelands.

Erik

Mr. Hummus · · SLC, Utah · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 37

How are conditions now? Debating on heading to Bishop next week (25th) for 10 days of climbing... or should we stay further south? I know Bishop area has been hit pretty hard by these storms. Not really into camping in snow caves on a bouldering trip.

Alex Martin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 66

Buttermilks are a no go until some melting occurs. The table lands are good to go after this weekend storms. The druids clear out pretty quick and could be climbable end of next week. As far as camping goes. The valley doesn't get nearly as much snow as the mountains. Maybe a dusting this weekend and melts by noon.

Ryan N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 0

Seems warmer but still wet. Anyone have any current info on whether the Buttermilks will be climbable next week. Coming form SLC.

Also does anyone know of any cameras in the area? For Joes we have many cameras to help decide whether it's worth driving to down (currently it is not unless you are Ice climbing). For Bishop I found one but it wasn't that helpful.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Bishop conditions this weekend?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started