Mountain Project Logo

Red Rock Sport Climbing 5.10/11

Original Post
nickmartino15 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 15

I'm headed to Red Rock in a couple weeks and am looking for recommendations on your favorite sport climbs in the 5.10-5.11 range.

Any help is appreciated!

Brendan A · · Golden · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 115

Second pull out houses the Black Corridor. Pretty awesome looking climbs that I recommend. It can get cold but you should check it out if you're in the area.

nickmartino15 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 15
John Wilder wrote:For 5.10 and 5.11 in the winter, pickings are fairly slim for high quality routes. Most of the good stuff is best in fall or spring. The right side of the corridor definitely has some good climbs, and the cliff immediately to the left, Sweet Pain has probably the best concentration of good 11s in the hills. Both are great when it's in the 70s. The gallery is okay, and the wall of confusion is better. Full sun on both if it's cold. Dantes wall is another good moderate winter cliff.
Are you saying the good stuff is best in fall or spring because of temps? I'm from PA, so cooler temps don't bother me like they do West Coasters ;)
Jeff G · · Colorado · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,098

Running Man

Xtine · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined May 2008 · Points: 1,936
Jeff G. wrote:Running Man
+1 on RM; one of the best. That area and the Stratocaster area is amazing. Fun, long 10d there called Flameblower. Then there are 11's like Marshall Amp, One-Eyed Jacks, Footloose nearby; also, Galloping Girl and Graveyard Waltz next to Running Man.

Although the temps are rising and it may be pretty hot this week directly in the sun. Have fun!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Red Rock Sport Climbing 5.10/11"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started