Mountain Project Logo

black diamond ozone vs solution

Original Post
that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

Looking to get a new dedicated sport climbing harness and i have narrowed it down to these two, has anybody climbed in these two and can give me some insight into the differences?

doligo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 264

I decided that I don't care about BD harnesses anymore. For the amount of bulk, they're not as comfortable nor durable as competition. I had better luck and experience with cheaper Petzl Selenas (women's version of Sama).

Rob WardenSpaceLizard · · las Vegans, the cosmic void · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 130

I actually have put severally versions of the solution harness through the wringer. I feel that it is a more affordable version of a dead bird. In some ways its even better. the legs loop structural webbing is wrapped in soft shell covering. I have blown up several dead birds in the desert. This covering would have prolonged them. I would highly recommend the solutions.

Jack Stephenson · · Dadeville, AL · Joined May 2016 · Points: 25

From my experience, they are both great harnesses. Main differences being that the ozone is more minimalistic (light weight, can't tell it's there), and the solution has wider waist belt and leg loops making it more comfy for EXTENDED periods of hanging. Not to say that the ozone is uncomfortable for general sport climbing, but if you route set in it, your legs will fall asleep.

Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

The Solution is awesome. My one and only criticism is that if you are at the small end of a particular size (I wear an XL cinched all the way down), the right front gear loop will be so far forward as to be basically useless.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

Went for the ozone.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "black diamond ozone vs solution"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started