Mountain Project Logo

Auburn Quarry or The Emeralds this weekend?

Original Post
James Jaco · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 30

Hi,

With the warmer weather and clear skies for the rest of the week, I was thinking that it might be possible to get in a session or two at the Auburn Quarry or The Emeralds this weekend. Let me know if you're interested or can shed some light on the current conditions out at these two crags.

Chasing Choss · · California · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 416

Auburn is still too wet to climb most likely. And the emereralds are more than likely snowed in. I'd climb with ya I if we get a few dry days in a row.

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430

Emeralds?

Gonna ski in? :)

The weather is supposed to be great the rest of the week so I think Auburn should be good to go. King Tut is right about the Emeralds. I haven't been up 80 much this season so I wasn't sure how much snow had fallen nearby the Emeralds.

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430
James Jacoshenk wrote:The weather is supposed to be great the rest of the week so I think Auburn should be good to go. King Tut is right about the Emeralds. I haven't been up 80 much this season so I wasn't sure how much snow had fallen nearby the Emeralds.
Shit tons lol.
JT Aupetit · · Rosamond, CA · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 115

I'm down for auburn quarry either Saturday or Sunday. Saturday weather looks good so far.

Just beware that most routes 5.11+ stay wet for quite awhile at the quarry. But for those who care I would be down to ski in to the emeralds

I think I'll just hike out there Saturday morning anyway and scope out the walls to see if they're climbable. If anyone would like to join me feel free to contact me on my cell 916-580-4075.

Max R · · Bend · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 292

Sorry to thread jack you, but i too am heading out to the quarry tomorrow with a friend. It will be our first time there. . Could anyone help me out with with some nearby camping beta?

SkyB · · PDX, OR · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

Anyone make it out to the Quarry today (Jan 28)? How cold/wet was it? Thinking of trying for tomorrow.

I was out there today! The Scale Wall was dry. There was some water on the right most climbs of the Memorial Wall. Wet walls in the back of Horseshoe Canyon. I'm assuming the Wreckage Wall was dry since I saw at least four parties go back there and never come out. I'm down to meet you out there tomorrow!

FourT6and2 ... · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 45

Are the bolts still chopped at Auburn? Last time I went a lot of the routes weren't climbable because someone went-a-choppin...

I don't think anyone would chop bolts at Auburn. I think those bolts just needed to be replaced and they have been.

Routes on the scale wall have been re-equipped and everything else should have been a okay.

Max R · · Bend · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 292

To anyone curious. Conditions were near perfect, atleast by my standards. Some routes at the upper quarry were mildly damp, but completely climbable. For my first time there i was thoroughly impressed. Release the Horses 11c is in my top 3 favorites now.

Snapped this one of you while I was checking out the upper Quarry area.

Anyone interested in climbing at the Quarry tomorrow? The rock is dry and good for some sending. My partner is busy tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone would be down to climb.

Eric L · · Roseville, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 145

I'm free next weekend if you are still game. Recovering from an ankle injury but willing to tape up and get back out. I have gear. Pm me if interested.

SkyB · · PDX, OR · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

Did anyone get out to Auburn in the last few days? How dry was it?

I was there this past weekend. Everything was pretty much dry. However the couple of .12s on the right side of the wreckage wall were dripping. The weather this week has probably dried it up perfectly. Too bad we are about to get another dose of rain.

Anyone going to be out here today? Looking to get a few in if anyone is down?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Auburn Quarry or The Emeralds this weekend?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started