Mountain Project Logo

Snow in Joe's Valley?

Original Post
eddysamson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,127

Temps look decent in Joe's in 2 weeks when I'll be in SLC for youth Nationals. Is there much snow in the valley? None in the forecast between now and then, should be good climbing right?

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

There is a webcam at Joes Valley reservoir that you can google. I thought about going out today but decided against it by the amount of snow on the ground. Check the cam closer to your visit.

Thank you thats a really useful tool for this! It looks like there's just one day of slight snow showers from now to the 12th and lots of 40-50's and sunny days. Think that will melt it all and dry it out by the 12th?

DustinM · · SLC, UT · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 10

I was in New Joe's today (1/29) for work. Things could change a lot in 2 weeks but just a heads up - there was about 12-18" of snow. If one or two good storms roll in between now and the 12th, I'd imagine there could still be quite a bit on the ground. If I'm out there before the 12th, I'll post up again.

DustinM wrote:I was in New Joe's today (1/29) for work. Things could change a lot in 2 weeks but just a heads up - there was about 12-18" of snow. If one or two good storms roll in between now and the 12th, I'd imagine there could still be quite a bit on the ground. If I'm out there before the 12th, I'll post up again.
Thank you!
Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

Anyone been recently? How much snow did they get in the last storm? How much has melted? Is tomorrow possible?

Thanks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Snow in Joe's Valley?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started