Mountain Project Logo

Offline Mobile App - Training logs & Projects tracking

Original Post
Huitbplus Crimp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

Hi everyone,

I just released a climbing application to the play store - Link to play Store and apple store -
Link to App Store

I've originally designed for myself but I thought I would also share it with the community to let you try it. It's fully functional and ads free.
Hope you enjoy it, please share your feedback. I'm adding more feature regularly and happy to integrate your ideas.

Calendar view of training logs

JuanIriarte · · Portland. Me · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

I've been waiting for a long time for something like this!
Thank you! thank you! THANK YOU!!!!

Easy to record your efforts and see your progress... Love how simple it is to record stuff.... i have and excel file and there is a lot of clicking and writing...with the app you can log a training session in a matter of seconds...

I would add one feature adding a flag for tries and send... its one thing to hangdog your way to the top and another to send the routes...
It would be nice if you could log your failed attempts...whit that in hand you can generate cool reports like success % at a grade level...
And if you are feeling ambitious a flag for on-sight then you get your onsight sending % by grade.

I'm a data scientist so i always want more data and cool ways to visualize it...can't help myself

I am now your biggest fan

Juan

Juan

Alex Rogers · · Sydney, Australia · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 40

Thanks for posting - had a look at it but it doesn't have Australian grades, so not that useful to me. I did use it as a prompt to search for similar apps, and found MyClimb, which does have grade conversions, quite a slick interface etc - so I'll use that.

JuanIriarte wrote:I've been waiting for a long time for something like this! Thank you! thank you! THANK YOU!!!! Easy to record your efforts and see your progress... Love how simple it is to record stuff.... i have and excel file and there is a lot of clicking and writing...with the app you can log a training session in a matter of seconds... I would add one feature adding a flag for tries and send... its one thing to hangdog your way to the top and another to send the routes... It would be nice if you could log your failed attempts...whit that in hand you can generate cool reports like success % at a grade level... And if you are feeling ambitious a flag for on-sight then you get your onsight sending % by grade. I'm a data scientist so i always want more data and cool ways to visualize it...can't help myself I am now your biggest fan Juan Juan
Thank you for you feedback, really appreciate it!
I was in the same situation than you, no way to simply log training. So I figured I could create an app and separate training and projects.

I'm working on an update that will be released next week. It includes your feedback related to adding more details for training climbs and workouts. That as well as few other things.

Now related to data visualizations I totally agree (especially for the projects section)! That will be my focus after next release!
Alex Rogers wrote:Thanks for posting - had a look at it but it doesn't have Australian grades, so not that useful to me. I did use it as a prompt to search for similar apps, and found MyClimb, which does have grade conversions, quite a slick interface etc - so I'll use that.
True I only support US and UE grades as of today. I thought it would cover a good enough use need at first but I guess I was wrong!

I'll be working on adding more grades system. In any case, thanks for the reminder!
Timothy Carlson · · NorCal · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10

Looks interesting. I'll give it a try.

Timothy Carlson · · NorCal · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10

I've been using it for the past few days. I like it so far. It is simple, and I like the idea of comparing your training and performance to previous weeks and seasons. You should add a feature where you can edit the data after you input it. I gave it the wrong grade last night, and I didn't find an obvious way to correct it.

Timothy Carlson wrote:I've been using it for the past few days. I like it so far. It is simple, and I like the idea of comparing your training and performance to previous weeks and seasons. You should add a feature where you can edit the data after you input it. I gave it the wrong grade last night, and I didn't find an obvious way to correct it.
Hello Timothy,

Currently you would have to delete the entry and re-create it. One way is to tap and hold on the calendar day and hit delete, but a bit overkill. What I would recommend is to open the day then tap & hold on the route/boulder to select and delete it.

I haven't done a great job at displaying messages to inform when you can tap & hold but I'm working on it. I'll be wrapping up those improvements as well a few others this weekend and ship that to the store as soon as possible.
Gabe Cisneros · · Baltimore, md · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 15

This. Is. Awesome.

Gabe Cisneros wrote:This. Is. Awesome.
Thanks! I appreciate it
John Torkelson · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 320

Thank you very much for the app. I'm really liking it. Would it be possible to add a simple feature to track min. For logging cardio?

Thanks much.

Austin Todd · · Squamish · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 30

This is incredible. Thank you for sharing it with everyone.

John Layko Torkleson wrote: Thank you very much for the app. I'm really liking it. Would it be possible to add a simple feature to track min. For logging cardio? Thanks much.

Yes I added it on my list. I'm working on it :)

It will likely be an option hidden by default but you will be able to activate it via the settings (on next update)

John Torkelson · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 320

Thanks very much.  really enjoying your work.  keep it up!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Offline Mobile App - Training logs & Projects t…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.