Mountain Project Logo

Rrg conditions this weekend

Original Post
Lohan · · Rome, GA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 345

Looks like rain all over the chatt area, anyone know what the red is going to look like saturday/sunday? The forecast calls for rain all day sunday, but my question is are the rainy day crags (i.e.motherlode) going to be seeping or condensing, or will it be dry?

apdale · · Lexington, KY · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 419

Most of Bruisebrothers was dry on Monday, definitely plenty of water raining down off the top of the cliff but the routes under the roof were dry. I was planning on climbing on Saturday if the current forecast holds, if that helps. Not sure about Sunday though, looks like a lot of rain in the forecast.

Adam Bankston · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

Saying 65° and the rain might hold off. Can't trust a forecast anymore, it sux. I'm down to climb, just moved to Richmond KY and need a partner. Hit me back if ya down.

Lohan · · Rome, GA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 345

If it helps anyone else decide in their travels, we rolled the dice and had perfectly dry rock at drive by, Bob marley, and the motherlode.

Ryan Valentine · · Louisville, KY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I second that, wasn't the best of conditions but it was pretty nice to be climbing in a t-shirt in January. Climbed at Roadside on Saturday and the rock was dry but the humidity was pretty high and the friction seemed to get worse and worse as the rock warmed up throughout the day.

I also ate a lot of cookies over the holidays, so the humid conditions could just be my convenient excuse to protect a bruised ego.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Rrg conditions this weekend"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.