Mountain Project Logo

Evolv Astroman???

Kip Kasper · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 200

mine were painfully tight the first few days I wore them. Now they fit perfectly. size them fairly tight, so they hurt after maybe 5 or 10 minutes of just having them on your feet (no climbing). that's how mine were

andyedwards · · OR · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 205

Thanks.
Sized down, hoping for some stretch.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

As a guy who has a lot of evolv shoes, just let me say this once more -

Don't size down your evolvs.

These are made in the US, sized in the US shoes. They make them to fit the way they should without a ton of guessing. I wear the following in evolv:

Defy - 11.5
Geshido - 12
Shaman - 12
Astroman - 12
Pontas - 11.5

In other shoes:
Running Shoes - 12
Street shoes - 11.5/12
(don't wear them anymore, but) all La Sportiva - 10-10.5

As far as stretch on the Astroman, I've found that they'll stretch a bit. They are leather, unlike most evolvs. If you're going to size down, go at most 1/2 size down from your street shoes.

Dave Alie · · Golden, CO · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 75

I saw this thread and wanted to chime in about the sizing. I've been wearing a pair of these in my street shoe size (13) and was surprised that they were as tight as they were. I have slightly knuckled toes in them, which has gotten better with stretch, but for thinner cracks I definitely kick myself for not going with the 13.5. I have heard others say they get a perfect fit with their street shoe size, and others even size these down with some success. Of course shoes will fit everyone's feet differently, but I was surprised enough when I put them on that I felt compelled to mention it.

I last week I wrote up a longer review of the shoes for a gear website if anyone is interested. As mentioned in the review, I haven't taken them to Vedauwoo or RMNP yet so performance on granite will have to wait until later in the season.

blistergearreview.com/gear-…

Tom Miller · · Issaquah, WA · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

I know this is really resurrecting an old thread, and a long shot, but does anyone have a pair of size 13 Astromans that are collecting dust would consider selling?

wwwcochiseclimbing com · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 140

I have a pair size7.5 euro for sale, $60
They have hardly been used.

Astroman for sale

Astrman

Scott Graves · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I have a pair of 11's for sale. $50.

Rubber is in good shape.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Evolv Astroman???"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started