Mountain Project Logo

DU bouldering???

Original Post
chase martin · · Denver CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 75

as a broke college student not having a car during semester or affording a membership to the local gyms I have discovered some pretty fun buildering on the walls of the magness arena and the soccer stadium. Anyone else who has broken out the shoes for some buildering here at DU?

Greg Maschi · · Phoenix ,Az · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

Nothing to turn you on to on campus, but a couple blocks east in Observatory park , the observatory itself may be climbable, downtown there are 2 artificial boulders easy access from light rail one outside rei the other in a small park near there.Been a while but also seem to remember some promising retaining walls along cherry creek on the bike path just east from confluence park.

Greg Maschi · · Phoenix ,Az · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

And if you can afford the bus fare, you can bus it to Boulder and do the hike to Flaggstaff or the flatirons to get your boulder on, done that a bunch.

peter heekin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 141

I went to DU in the nineties and we used to "builder" on a small building over by JMac. My memory is a little fuzzy but it was over by those classroom buildings sort of across the street from the dorms.

chase martin · · Denver CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 75

heading up to boulder on the bus would be a great idea, seems fairly easy to get up there!

David B · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 205

There's also a bus that goes to Matthew Winters park. Also might consider joining the alpine club.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "DU bouldering???"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started