Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Finale Ligure, Italy partners end of Feb

Original Post
Courtney Sticks · · New York, NY · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

will be in Dolomites mid-Feb, then headed down to warmer climbing on the Italian Mediterranean Coast for a few days the last week of Feb. if anyone will be in the area and wants to meet up to climb, let me know! i climb 5.10 gym, 5.8 at Gunks home crag.
also if anyone that's been there has info/beta/recs, i'd appreciate it!
thanks!

Sleyer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 40

Hey Courtney.
I was just there in June and had an awesome time. PM me if you want beta on some fun sport climbs and other info on the general area. If you haven't thought about it, you should definitely look into renting a car since the areas are not within walking distance of town. If you're in the NYC area let me know since I have one of the guidebooks that you can skim through.
Cheers.
-S.

duncan... · · London, UK · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 55

Can't help with partners, like much of the UK climbing population I'll be in Catalunya then.

Routes at your grades at Finale Ligure can be quite polished and the ratings tough (6a can feel like 6c) especially for climbs established in the 1970s. Further west - Oltre Finale - the routes are less worn. The other main option in the area is Val Pennavaire, arguably better climbing but colder and without the seaside ambiance and post-route Gelato options! Or you could keep going west, Monaco and Nice are only another hour and a half.

The Mediterranean coast in that area is all very pleasant in winter. Car rental is almost mandatory to explore further from the immediate Finale town area.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Finale Ligure, Italy partners end o…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started