Mountain Project Logo

Rapping of one bolt

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

rap on one bolt 20' off the ground vs rap on one bolt 200' off the ground, huge fucking difference.

carry on fighting gents!

BigNobody · · all over, mostly Utah · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 10
King Tut wrote: You don't have any logic. You have "heheheh I lived, go try it too"...or, "go ahead and rappel, you don't need a guidebook to know how it goes..." form of anecdote that worked for you which is the most dangerous form of thinking to share. We have decades of the AAC Accident Report and other statistical analysis of climbing accidents and have tried to help the victims. One of the very most common accidents that end up requiring rescue is people not familiarizing themselves with rappels beforehand, something you apparently pride yourself on doing.
I bet you are a real hoot at parties.

And yes, I have always preferred to just go fucking climbing than feel the need to make a safe place for me with beta and such. If you have climbed for as long as you claim surely YOU remember those days...maybe not, we are gettin old. At any rate there is a coupon for Ensure in your inbox you old Codger.
King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430
BigNobody wrote: I bet you are a real hoot at parties. And yes, I have always preferred to just go fucking climbing than feel the need to make a safe place for me with beta and such. If you have climbed for as long as you claim surely YOU remember those days...maybe not, we are gettin old. At any rate there is a coupon for Ensure in your inbox you old Codger.
Says the crap lord climbing on pebbles. Climbing is such an adventure for real men, no beta or guide required? Found some bump in the woods, did ye?

When I went "just climbing" without beta and such it was on pebbles like this (FA):

Or first ascents of things like this:

Or you know, bumps like this that I did in 1979 (and got every bit of beta to create a "safe place" lol):

Tell us more, about your daring do...crap lord.
Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
ChossKing wrote:Running a rope through a bare hanger seems like a bad idea.
It is, for two very good reasons:
1. it puts a lot of wear on your rope
2. more importantly, there is an excellent, huge chance that you won't be able to pull the rope for retrieval.

Nice! The dick swinging comes out....haha. I got to admit, I was poking the bear. I know you are a way better and bolder climber than I will ever be (insert eye roll) I have lurked about for awhile on ST and here. But you already assumed that with most people huh KING Tut.

Lolz. Way to have all your greatness ready for posting so quickly! A true humble pioneer!

The best thing I ever climbed was this. And the FA was falsely reported 30 years later. I just haven't retorted yet!

mountainproject.com/v/10691…

haha, who fucking cares who climbed what? And who fucking cares if I think single bolt rappelling is ok from time to time. I certainly don't take myself as serious as to think climbing rocks does anything for anybody but me. It certainly doesn't identify myself as a person. So attack away with all your name calling, because it is quite clear that climbing may be the best and only thing in your life, and the only thing you are passionate about King Turd. (see I can assume too!)

^^^^ you don't get it BN.

Nobody does care what you climb or how bold you are or my climbing per se, its experience and judgment that matter...What we care about is giving sensible advice to others to try to help them save their lives or minimize risk.

THAT is what you know nothing about and you continually show terrible judgment in this thread that you should not be sharing as acceptable practice.

But if you are gonna poke this bear, I can back up my opinions with appropriate experience and the documented route history in the guidebooks with well over 100 pitches of FAs that I wrote the beta on when I put up the routes. So don't claim I haven't gone climbing without a guidebook and I will remind you that East of the Rocky Mountains there ain't much to compare for adventure with points West if you really go looking for it.

Also, most statistical analysis of climbing "Accidents in North America" show rappelling accidents are nearly the majority (as high as 45-50%) of those requiring rescue and the number one identified issue is lack of familiarity with how it goes etc.

So put down the Troll and learn something.

King Tut wrote:^^^^ you don't get it BN.
I think its YOU who is clueless here bud.

King Tut wrote:So don't claim I haven't gone climbing without a guidebook
Never did ya loon. Go back and read.

King Tut wrote:and I will remind you that East of the Rocky Mountains there ain't much to compare for adventure with points West.
Dude, I climb in the West. And have since the early 70's.

King Tut wrote:So put down the Troll and learn something.
Learn to Listen when the KING speaks? And never question. Got it your majesty

Big nobody, do you know you are serving the KING?

King Tut wrote: Nobody does care what you climb or how bold you are...
let me show you some pics!

;)
T Roper wrote:Big nobody, do you know you are serving the KING?
I think it's time for the two of them to get a room somewhere.
Marc801 wrote: I think it's time for the two of them to get a room somewhere.
only at the kings request sir
that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236
King Tut wrote:^^^^ you don't get it BN. Nobody does care what you climb or how bold you are.
Fucking hell Tut your complete lack of any amount self awareness is mind blowing this amount i only usually see it religious fanatics but you are clearly something else entirely.
that guy named seb wrote: Fucking hell Tut your complete lack of any amount self awareness is mind blowing this amount i only usually see it religious fanatics but you are clearly something else entirely.
Sure bro. You are the expert.
eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
King Tut wrote: Sure bro. You are the expert.
Dude, I'm with you about not rapping off a single bolt if you can avoid it but you're being a dick right now. So is bignobody, but c'mon be the bigger man. Also, you need to do a better job of reading posts, you totally misread some of what BN posted. Let's all (not just you two but everybody on these forums) try to be more respectful on the internet in 2017. The MP forums don't have to be the zoo that they currently are.
JF M · · NoCo · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,823

Has Burch offered to fight anyone yet? It's not a real thread until then.

sherb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 60

I feel like Anna Lou threw a mutton leg into the dog park and left the scene.

Bill Lawry · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 1,812

Anna Lou, real or not, should be proud. :-)

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

I just wish she'd fix "of" in the title.

Marc801 wrote: I think it's time for the two of them to get a room somewhere.
I do like a good spit roast. Care to join Marc?

haha...good times! Happy almost Friday everybody!
BigNobody wrote: I do like a good spit roast. Care to join Marc?
I don't want to get within 500 miles of either of you!
Marc801 wrote: I don't want to get within 500 miles of either of you!
Sorry bud. We share an area code! Yer fucked. But I was here first. lol
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Rapping of one bolt"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started