Mountain Project Logo

FS: Petzl Quark Nomic Ergo - Spare Bolt kits and custom 3mm/5mm allen tool

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
randy88fj62 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2010 · Points: 291

I stripped the bolt when removing the hammer from my quark and set out to replace the hardware. Since I was sourcing the hardware and because you have to buy nuts in sets of 50 I thought I'd assemble a few kits for fellow ice climbers at the same time.

If you don't want to buy my kit or want to know what part numbers I am using here is the parts list from McMaster Carr. All part numbers are McMaster numbers.

Parts List:
93935A340 - 316 Stainless Thin Hex Nuts M8 X 1.25mm thread
98035A105 - Black Oxide Washers 8.4mm ID, 16mm OD
9066A138 - 316 Stainless Steel low profile socket head screw M8 x 1.25mm thread, 20mm long
6958A15 - 5mm hex key (for head bolts on ice tools)
6958A13 - 3mm hex key (for trigrest and pawls on ice tools)

I bought enough for a friend and I and have 6 extra sets. The sets will come with one custom hex multi tool 3mm/5mm, two cap screws, two washers (for no hammer/adze setup), and two nuts.

The hex keys were TIG welded together for use in the field with gloves on. I bought long hex keys so the weld/heat affected area won't ruin the ends and cause stripping when used. The weld was sand blasted and then a light coat of orange paint to protect the weld from corrosion. The orange paint also makes the tool easy to locate.

Here are some pictures. Kits are $23 ea including shipping. Trades are also welcome. Items will ship USPS with tracking number. Payment via paypal as friend or add 3% for normal paypal. The closest kit on the market I can find is from needle sports that sells three bolts, nuts, and thin lock washer for $23. They don't include the washer. If you are in the field and have to replace a pick and you drop the washer/spacer you'd have to have an extra ready. My kit has those so you can keep climbing.

And the pics:

Hardware

Hex tool tig weld

washer

washer fits as required when not using an adze or hammer.

3mm / 5mm tig welded hex tool

3mm fits pawls and trigrest

5mm fits head bolts

edarriola · · Wasatch, UT · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

I'll take one please. What's yer PayPal addy?

I'll pm you info.

New Years bump.

Mark Westfall 1 · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Are you still selling these?

Yes I am mark. pm me for shipping and paypal info.

Bump, still a few available.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started