Mountain Project Logo

Bouldering in Glenwood Springs Does it exist?

Original Post
Jake Fereday · · Belton, TX · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 20

After looking at the MP page for Glenwood Springs bouldering (specifically East Elk Creek -- New Castle Boulders) Wanted to go in the next couple days but one of the posts says that they spent an hour searching only to return to their car being towed. Any help would be great!

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

those boulders they are in existence. I was not aware of nasty police towing nor do I know if it is true. If you are quite wise you may find the crushing boulders when you park at shoshone dam, hike up the bike path for a mile or 2, and then you are crossing river and bouldering around base of fountain butress, yessssss, myahhhhhhhhhhh, yessssssssssssss

Steve Millard · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 2

I assumed that post was someones attempt to be funny.

Just follow the directions provided - including the parking. You can see some of the boulders from the road. A two minute walk and you are dropping your pad.

The muscle-head guy is right. The boulders at the base of Fountain Butress in Glenwood Canyon are great. I don't know how much sun they get this time of year though.

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

Jake, check out the redstone boulders south of glenwood springs down near Carbondale. I hope you get a chance to use those pads!

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

boulders of reddened stone, they are covered in snow drift and cold and miserable during long dark winter, yes?

jmapping · · Carbondale, co · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 766

Indeed they are snow covered.

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5
Steve Millard wrote:I assumed that post was someones attempt to be funny. Just follow the directions provided - including the parking. You can see some of the boulders from the road. A two minute walk and you are dropping your pad. The muscle-head guy is right. The boulders at the base of Fountain Butress in Glenwood Canyon are great. I don't know how much sun they get this time of year though.
Fountain Buttress stone landings are still underwater. Great boulders tho.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Bouldering in Glenwood Springs Does it exist? "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started