Mountain Project Logo

Sedona Bouldering

Original Post
Beau Bot · · Portland, Oregon · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 2

Need to get out of Portland Oregon for a few days. Our dog passed away and we are flying down to Phoenix and driving up through Sedona to the Grand Canyon and then back before flying home.

Not really a climbing trip but might be interested in some easier bouldering during the trip.
Anyone in Sedona area have a pad to borrow or will be our climbing between the 28th and 28th next week?

Thanks

JJ Schlick · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2006 · Points: 11,803

You might want to check out Prescott too. Watson Lake, and Groom Creek in both have great bouldering on good granite. Lots of moderates, though Groom Creek can get snowed in during the winter months.

Thanks!

madek · · California · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

there is some pretty fun bouldering in Flagstaff, just north of Sedona. An area called Priest Draw is worth checking out.

carla rosa · · CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 269

What days will you be there? I got a pad and I'm passing through Sedona in the coming week and plan on bouldering, would be down for a buddy!

We are driving to Sedona today and will be there for like 3 days to do some hiking and bouldering if is dry

Jeffrey Snyder · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2011 · Points: 3,740

3-5" of snow in downtown Sedona this AM. Let the choss dry and find some mud in the sun. Good luck!

Yeah we hiked Cathedral Rock today and noticed the rock pretty wet. Hoping another dry day could help. Probably just going to hit the Anvil boulders.

Perri K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

I'll be around Sedona for the rest of this week before heading out to Joshua Tree. Looking for bouldering or just fun around town! Anyone wanna hang? :)

River was too high to cross for the anvil boulders

Jeffrey Snyder · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2011 · Points: 3,740

You could check out the sunny side of the Grasshopper boulders. West from the Grasshopper parking lot on North side of Oak Creek. Also the BreezeBlocks if you have a moderate high clearance for Schnebly Rd.

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Consider checking out Jerome. It's a small town perched on the side of a mountain on the way north to the GC. Old mining town and is a pretty unique and interesting place. There's the old mine site which is like an outdoor museum around the bend from the gentrified area. Look it up. For days not bouldering or hiking it's a great break where you get a nice meal and a beer or glass of wine.

Heading to anvil boulders down the Huckaby trail in a bit before leaving town

Jonathan cun · · San Diego, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5
b0t23 wrote:Heading to anvil boulders down the Huckaby trail in a bit before leaving town
Ahh did you make it to the anvils? I was wondering how it would be up there during this time, especially the river!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Sedona Bouldering"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started