Mountain Project Logo

local Administrators for climbing area in NY?

Original Post
kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 16,608

I'm thinking that the Ramapo Powerlinez climbing area could use a local Administrator.

The Powerlinez area is close to New York City and has rapidly grown to be larger than most of the established climbing areas in NY state.
But currently on MP the signs of rapid growth are showing ...

• duplicate routes
  • duplicate areas
  • copyright violations
  • confusing organization of sub-areas

I can recommend two MP members who are familiar with the cliffs and climbs, the guidebook and the phone app, and the players in the governing bodies - good at website navigation and writing - (and said they'd be willing to serve).
. . . (myself I'd prefer Not to become an administrator, instead focus my energies on adding new stuff).

Thanks for your help with this,

Ken
Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Would love to have any volunteers sent my way!

In the mean time, please use the "Improve This Page" to fix errors you come across. Even places without admins get fixed eventually.

Thanks

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 16,608

Thanks - I have sent you a message with two MP members, and confirmed with each of them that they are interested to serve as admins for Ramapo Powerlinez.

"Improve This Page" -- Yes I have used that (very helpful Thank you) function for Powerlinez, and for other Areas in other states.

But for re-organizing the structure of sub-areas, I'm thinking it really helps to have Administrator privileges. I did a little re-organizing already for Powerlinez, and it took a lot of work (because I essentially had to re-enter all the info for new sub-Area descriptions). Then I discovered that I lacked the capability to delete the old area pages (of which I myself was the author), so months went by until someone with site-wide privilege responded to my request.

Ken

SMarsh · · NY, NY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 37

For any interested parties, I've taken a role as a local administrator of Ramapo Powerlinez here in NY.

Thanks, Nick, for your ownership and guidance.

And thanks to all who are interested in Powerlinez.

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419
SMarsh wrote:For any interested parties, I've taken a role as a local administrator of Ramapo Powerlinez here in NY. Thanks, Nick, for your ownership and guidance. And thanks to all who are interested in Powerlinez.
I guess that a congratulation is in order.
SMarsh · · NY, NY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 37

I'll say, "Thank you, Michael."

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "local Administrators for climbing area in NY?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.