Mountain Project Logo

Need a climbing partner for outdoor/indoor sport/trad - Atlanta

Original Post
Damien Kincannon · · Richmond, VA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 91

Okay, so am looking for a partner in crime for climbing. I have been climbing for about a year, mostly outdoors but have done the gym as well. I don't love the gym, I prefer outside, fresh air, nice approaches, etc. The adventure, even if it's minor, is half the draw for me. I have all my own gear from ropes to cams to quickdraws; I'm REI's best customer! I moved to Atlanta a year ago and have hit up Yonah, Indian Seats, all the local little climbs like Whitewater Crack, Allenbrook and other areas along the Chattahootchee. Dying to do harder, more dedicated climbing, especially trad, but need a partner or group of folks that are (hopefully) better than me and can offer guidance as to systems and practices.
I'm a 38 year-old father of 2 and work full-time as a video producer/shooter, but try to make as much time for climbing as possible. Hit me up if you're looking as well or have room in your own group. Thanks.

Alex (spellstrike) Palmiter · · Duluth · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 30

It's a bit cold for me to climb outside at the moment but I climb sundays at 1 at stone summit Atlanta if you want to join me. We can talk about getting outside after reviewing our skillsets.

Luke R · · Athens, GA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 704

A group of us (at least 2 if not 4 or more) are heading to The Tennessee Wall Wednesday-Thursday if you want to tag along! Will likely have a few more ventures in the next week or so, weather permitting. DM me if you're interested!

Stephen R Perry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I live on Mt. Yonah and am always up for climbing. Let me know when you want to zip up here. I'll grab my gear

Damien Kincannon · · Richmond, VA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 91

Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. When the holidays settle down and I'm getting out more, I'll be sure to reach out to you. Thanks again.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Need a climbing partner for outdoor/indoor spor…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started