Mountain Project Logo

Black Diamond Stance Hoody- sizing?

Original Post
Nol Huther · · Burlington, VT · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 1,652

Hey all

I was trolling for a belay jacket since my nano-puff doesn't fit over everything and isn't warm enough as a belay jacket for cold temps (10°F and below in my book), and I found a great deal on a Stance Hoody on clearance, and it's available in small (well xs and s, for anyone wondering). I'm a small in Patagonia, Arc'Teryx and Outdoor Research, but since this is a belay jacket, should it be sized up by one or is it fine to order in my size?

Nick Drake · · Kent, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 651

Stance *HOODY* is only 100gr primaloft, for me that's not enough to belay in temps under 10f. How many layers do you wear climbing in those temps? If you want a cut to layer over another loftier puffy (nano LT) then go up one from your regular size.

I could not put a medium stance hoody over a medium dead bird nuclei without completely crushing the nuclei.

Stance belay *PARKA* is 160gr primaloft (two layers of 80gr silver high loft). I just used one belaying in 4 degree weather last weekend and stayed warm. It is cut LARGE to fit over loftier layers. Fits fine over a nuclei (although I don't climb in one).

rocknice2 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 3,847

Yup get the parka instead. If you're a size small get a small and you'll have just the right amount of room to fit over all your other layers.

Very warm but not the most compressable when compared to a down parks.

wisam · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 60

Im normally medium or small. I have a medium. Could fit a
Fleece or thin puffy underneath.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Black Diamond Stance Hoody- sizing?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started