Poor photo of a classic climb! Invisible Airwaves at Looking Glass

Invisible

Mark Hudon · · Lives on the road · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 420

This thread is great!

Invisible Airwaves looks cool!

wayne willoughby · · SEATTLE · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 95
Chris CW · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 85
Big Wall Yosemite

Water is Life!! heading up on the Big Stone.
The Nose El Capitan
Our NIAD Rack.

You call that a Nose rack? I'll show you a Nose rack!!! :)

Nose rack 1979

EL Capitan
The Nose. You can see El Cap Tower on the Right. Texas Flake to the left of that.

I like Stoppers. (: And a few more Cams....(: I don't think we took all those stoppers and left a few draws.

The Two Cam hooks we brought probably replaced that Hammer and pins in your Picture. I took this pic before we started up not after. We had a few arguments. Things were added, and then taken away, and then added again.

The Great Roof. Crusing!! along.

EL Capitan Nose

Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981

Futzing about at the belay while Bosque leads into the unknown on Blue Collar - Hourglass Wall - Yosemite

Blue Collar

Cleaning the gnar on Hourglass Wall - Yosemite

Blue Collar 2

Getting my shoe stuck on the 2nd ascent of Jericho Wall - Glacier Point Apron - Yosemite

Jerciho shoe

Rapping with the pig on Jericho Wall - Glacier Point Apron - Yosemite

Jericho

And of course, when's the best time to startup a wall? When no one else is on it (and your waterproof boots turn out not to be so waterproof)

snow approachj

Perry Norris · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 45

The Looking Glass photos are awesome.

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60

Great shots. Reminds me why I liked walls so much. Sam, those photos of South Seas/P.O are great as well. Reallly makes me wish we had done the South Seas start. That shot of The Bering Straights remind me of my partner, who back cleaned too aggressively and then pulled a piece and ended up going for 40 or 50. I had the mellow, first pitch of the day thing going, belaying from the portaledge, lying on my back and then, bam! Good times...

batguano · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 135

A few more from the dark side of the Glass:

circleheads in the mist

Crawling inside the Slot of Delight on the Scott Fischer route, somewhere around '98
I think my aiders are stuck

The Waste Ledge on Invisible Airwaves, home to more than one good time.
This place does not suck

Strung out on bat hooks, I asked my partner: If this pulls, am I going into the tree tops? He casually responds, "nah... you're going way past the tree tops"
bomber

wpfister Pfister · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 55

Batguano "Naw, you're gonna go way past the tree tops" made me LOL! I am so gonna use variation of that in the future!

Awesome thread here guys, keep it up. I'm on my way to Baja to Kiteboard for a few months so my participation may wane a bit.

Ryan7crew · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 485

From the southeastern bigwall collection.

Brain dead
My proudest placement ever, from the second pitch of Brain Dead on the North Face of Looking Glass. After taking a 40 foot factor two fall, zippering the pitch, I broke the cable on one rurp and ripped the other one in an equalized nest. After collecting myself, I didn't have anything to replace the cable with. So I stuck a small rivet hanger through the eye, clipped a carabiner to one side, and equalized the other side to a shitty no 1 head. Clipped it as pro!

Creatures of waste
Traversing from Creatures of Waste into the free climbing finish of Wranglin Hogs and Horses.

Glass menagerie
Steepness when linking pitch on the Glass Menagerie

Brain dead2
My friends took this while climbing Creatures of Waste. I'm jugging up to the top of the second pitch of Brain Dead. It's steep!!! That rope hangs about 60 feet from the base of the wall.

batguano · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 135

Spaceshot was early in my wall climbing binge. We had our hands full and didn't quite manage to top out as expected. So, we just decided to hunker down for the night. I believe this was March of 1998.

classic

"sleeping"

The park was a bit of a mess at this point in time because of the construction of the new visitor's center. I believe they were having some security issues with the old facility.
Prepare to be boarrrrrded!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Post a Reply to "Big wall Glory pics, post em up!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started