Mountain Project Logo

Up and coming climbers

Original Post
Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

I'm working with a new climbing gear company that is looking to sponsor a couple of climbers in the US. We want to focus on a couple of up and coming climbers whose names are at least somewhat recognizable and look like they are likely to do some rad climbs in the future.

So, I'm asking the MP community for a little help with suggestions. (Yes I know that you personally would like to be sponsored and we're all awesome, even if we're gonna die soon, but serious responses would be very much appreciated).

Thanks for your help.

Alexander Stathis · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 656

Dru Mack is a climber out of Louisville, KY who's been taking down some pretty hard routes down in the Red. Check him out. He's a great climber and also a really great guy. Worth knowing about in any case.

Garrett Genereux · · Redmond · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 30

Drew Ruana of Seattle is always crushing and he is under 18.

dpmclimbing.com/articles/vi…

rockandice.com/climbing-new…

botscott · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0

I'll second Dru Mack. He's ticking some pretty hard routes and he's a great guy as well. I've known him a while and he's always been happy to help us mortals climbing lowly grades while sending stuff like Southern Smoke (14c).

See a bio here: psicocomp.com/athletes/

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

What's your target market?

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

Great thread idea. We need to know the next generation. This blog is cool! psicocomp.com/athletes/

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

Dru Mack is the MAN!!!! Also a really cool dude and would enhance your brand awareness for the 10's of thousands of climbers that flock to the Red.

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Check out Michael Rotch! I think he goes by Mike...he is huge!

Mike Kaserman · · Salt Lake City · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 0

Yeah, Dru. He's a crusher, and he's always a contender for nicest guy at the crag.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Up and coming climbers"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started