Mountain Project Logo

do not be fooled, climbing friend, by fad diet ketogenic or paleo

Original Post
Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

what is it with the peoples desperate for latest magical cure or diet that will solve all their sufferings and answer all their questions exisistential?

These diets are ridiculous, and are not supported by common sense or the science, your burning of your fat requires more intermediate steps, breaking down into fatty acids, which is not required for burning of glycogen from the carbohydrate for muscular action, which is for obvious the preferred source of the energy, especially for anything other than long, miserable endurance sports such as the long running.

Some elite athletes desperate for next big thing have claimed these diets helped them, some maybe achieved some short term losing of the weight, but I believe vast majority of elite athletes, olympians, etc., do not shun entire macronutrient of carbs and are not terrified by them.

if you are so afraid of being fat, then you can simply eat more of the vegetable and the water, and less other food, and/or exercise more.

yes your ancestor they probably ate a lot of meat, but they also probably died at age 25, did not consider sexual assault a crime, ate dangerous mushrooms that made them hallucinate and die, and so on. It does not mean you should do the same.

instead you become radical vegan activist for improved performance, increasing times of recovery, and crushing. Look at your jungle gorrilla, they are 300-400 lbs, having massive guns from nothing but the vegetable and perhaps some fruit, and they will squeeze your face off.

I now have replaced my cheesesteaks and fishheads with philly soy cheese tempeh steaks, and you look at me I am crushing! yes I eat them 15-25 times per day.

the meat and cheese it clogs your arteries, causing many disease, and also making your weiner limp.

If you are desperate needing answer, I will sell to you the Warrior Mountain Gorrilla Diet ebook, for $3,500 USD:

"A gorilla's day is synchronized, divided between rest periods and travel or feeding periods. Mountain gorillas mostly eat foliage, such as leaves, stems, pith, and shoots ... Gorillas rarely drink water "because they consume succulent vegetation that is comprised of almost half water as well as morning dew", although both mountain and lowland gorillas have been observed drinking ... Jersey Zoos Jambo was observed to hang from one arm (he was over 400 lbs) while methodically ripping over 200 ft of inner ceiling planks from the roof of the new gorilla house with his other arm (the planks were securely screwed and nailed), simply because he didn't like them. No other animal outside of the great apes has such a combination of strength and dexterity. The fact that gorillas don't use their strength to attack other animals in the manner of chimpanzees or baboons means very little as they are by their very nature, peaceful animals."

Buff Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 1,145

This topic was obviously written using a steroid-enhanced keyboard and no mention of incorporating a gluten-free-range hard drive.

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

Screw that, I like to eat the elk, deer, and fish. It's not real food unless you had to kill it yourself.

Scott Campbell · · Suwanee Ga · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 15

What does a gorilla have to do with the topic at hand? You are talking about a 500,000 to 1,000,000 years of evolution.

My dog eats meat and can run way faster than me and has much more endurance....should I eat more meat to run fast?

Scott Campbell wrote:What does a gorilla have to do with the topic at hand? You are talking about a 500,000 to 1,000,000 years of evolution. My dog eats meat and can run way faster than me and has much more endurance....should I eat more meat to run fast?
climbing friend,

the gorilla he has maximum crushing single arm hang, and will squeeze off your dog's face:

"Jersey Zoos Jambo was observed to hang from one arm (he was over 400 lbs) while methodically ripping over 200 ft of inner ceiling planks from the roof of the new gorilla house with his other arm (the planks were securely screwed and nailed), simply because he didn't like them"
Scott Campbell · · Suwanee Ga · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 15

Good point - smh

amockalypsenow wrote:I agree, Climbing comrade. Adding more bro science to the broscience here... strikes me, from looking at the various disparate diets of animals such as gorillas, tigers, horses, sharks, whatever; one may reasonably conclude that vertebrate animals are capable of being strong and fast, all running on practically any type of fuel you can think of. Humans have evolved as omnivorous and are probably the most flexible gourmands on the planet. Rest and exercise are more critical I reckon.
climbing friend,

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/…

"They concluded that the KLC and NLC diets were equally effective in reducing body weight and insulin resistance, but the KLC diet was associated with several adverse metabolic and emotional effects. Thus, the use of ketogenic diets for weight loss is not warranted. This conclusion is amplified by the article's title and by its final sentence: “Patients should know that there is no apparent metabolic advantage associated with ketosis during dieting.”"

also you do not need to shun entire macronutrient if you are desiring of the ketosis and increase burning of the fat. you may just not eat breakfast or lunch.
reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125
Aleks Zebastian wrote: climbing friend, ajcn.nutrition.org/content/… "They concluded that the KLC and NLC diets were equally effective in reducing body weight and insulin resistance, but the KLC diet was associated with several adverse metabolic and emotional effects.
I hope you are joking: subjects randomly assigned to either a 500-kcal PSMF or a 1200-kcal balanced diet. You eat 700 kcal less and experience adverse metabolic and emotional effects. Who'd have thought?

My question is how does a study like this get approved and the results published?
Stephen C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
Aleks Zebastian wrote: climbing friend, ajcn.nutrition.org/content/… "They concluded that the KLC and NLC diets were equally effective in reducing body weight and insulin resistance, but the KLC diet was associated with several adverse metabolic and emotional effects.
Marijuana also (supposedly) lowers insulin resistance. Maybe that's the diet of the future?
EeT · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

What about micro doses of magic mushrooms. I have heard that has great benefits. Mind and body.

Buff Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 1,145
reboot wrote: My question is how does a study like this get approved and the results published?
predatory journals publish anything. doesn't mean there's any validity to it.
there's been over 160+ supposed studies on vaccines and autism, but it's total crap.
EeT wrote:What about micro doses of magic mushrooms. I have heard that has great benefits. Mind and body.
climbing friend,

yes, you are eating the correct mushroom, and you feeling fantastic the feelings, and have vision quest mental strength for trad.
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
Stephen C wrote: Marijuana also (supposedly) lowers insulin resistance. Maybe that's the diet of the future?
Pretty sure the munchies would cancel that out.
Julius Grisette · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

Doritos + thc + alcohol = much success

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625
Aleks Zebastian wrote: If you are desperate needing answer, I will sell to you the Warrior Mountain Gorrilla Diet ebook, for $3,500 USD: ""
Oh great wise and great crusher of fishheads, if i buy this book will it give me the muscles to flash?
Cory B · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 2,577
Buff Johnson wrote: predatory journals publish anything. doesn't mean there's any validity to it. there's been over 160+ supposed studies on vaccines and autism, but it's total crap.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition is not a predatory journal. It is listed in the science citation index. ip-science.thomsonreuters.c…
TBlom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2004 · Points: 360

Climbing friend,
I must warn against the eating of too much kale in place of fish heads.
You will poop explosively in middle of powerful flash attempt.

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121
Chad Miller wrote:Screw that, I like to eat the elk, deer, and fish. It's not real food unless you had to kill it yourself.
If I eat ungulates and they eat grass (vegetables) that is pretty much the same thing as me eating vegetables.
J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,926
reboot wrote: My question is how does a study like this get approved and the results published?
This:

Buff Johnson wrote: predatory journals publish anything. doesn't mean there's any validity to it. there's been over 160+ supposed studies on vaccines and autism, but it's total crap.
I get at least one to two emails everyday in my professional inbox from "editors" looking for me to publish in their "journal".
Muscrat wrote: Oh great wise and great crusher of fishheads, if i buy this book will it give me the muscles to flash?
climbing friend,

yes! your heart it will be filled with joy, all your dreams will come true, you will have power for flash the projects easily, stunning physique, and also the crushing strength to hang 400+ lbs from one arm 1 pad edge easily - while squeezing off your opponents' faces, or ripping out secured zoo roof planks easily with other hand, and you will know the true path of the warrior mountain gorilla.
Rick Blair · · Denver · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 266

Paleo diet is an awesome concept, why not copy the diet of humans when the average life expectancy was like 36?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "do not be fooled, climbing friend, by fad diet…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started