Mountain Project Logo

Mount Rainier 2017

Original Post
aero8991 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

hey all,

I'm going to be moving out West to the Seattle area this spring and am looking into getting into some mountaineering. I'd like to climb Mount Baker and Mount Rainier this summer. Would anyone be interested in joining me on the expeditions ?

Thanks!

Dan

Dave Leydet · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 161

Dan - you might want to check out cascadeclimbers.com/ as well! Cheers!

Thanks Dave! I will.

HughTom · · Seattle, WA · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hey, I'd be interested in joining. I'm relatively new to Seattle and do not have much experience alpine climbing. However, I have experience outdoor sport climbing and am willing to put the time in to learn.

Tom

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

If you guys are just getting into it you can do non-technical, but super fun routes on Adams and Baker by just buying an ice axe, micro spikes, (maybe crampons depending on conditions for baker, not adams) and watching a youtube video on sliding on your ass and self arrest.

Then if you enjoy the misery and want more, seek some training and or meet some people who know whats up. Try to get into the Seattle mountaineers.

Best of luck.

Right on Dan Cooksey, Adams and Baker are a must! This will be my second attempt on Rainer. I'd like to climb the standard DC route. I have experience with self arrest and some crevice training. I'm from new England and have lead multiple winter summits on Mt. Washington. I'm also WFR certified and am avy 1.

Hughtom- awesome! Its definitely worth the time and $$. Sounds like we should check out Adams and baker as well.

Benjamin August · · Salt Lake City · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Dan, I similarly am graduating college this December and am training to getc physically ready for cascade trips and ultimately Rainier late summer. Feel free to email me if you want to communicate
Bajohnso@umn.edu

Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 407

I've climbed Baker and Rainier multiple times and am always down to climb them more! I live in Seattle, so we can try to get a group going once the season begins.

Eileen Takeshita · · San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 15

Hey All,

Yesterday I just found out that all the guided climbs to summit Rainier in 2017 are booked. I really want to do it this summer. I've done Whitney and Shasta previously with guides. I would love to join some others who have some experience. Please let me know if interested. I'm in California.

Thanks!!
Eileen
408-460-1326

Liam S. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hi,

I would also be very interested in joining a group with you guys this summer to climb Rainier! I replied to another post under the partner's section. Please let me know when you are looking into planning specific dates, and feel free to contact me at the number below.

Thanks,

Liam
(425)-361-6146

Anybody can message me once the dates come closer. Barring a couple big climbs I've got this summer, I'm pretty available and in the Seattle area. May and August are my most available times, June and July would be spotty.

I'm up for leading Rainier's DC or Baker's CD with 1 beginner or 2-3 experienced folks.

I'll also be looking for a Kuatz Chute partner. Ideally from the 206/425 area so we can meet up earlier and chat. I can lead the route, but I would not be comfortable taking a beginner.

Matthew Battistoni · · Middletown, ct · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hello World,

I am currently in search of a summit partner/party for May/June 2017. My personal preference would be a two/three day trip passing through Muir camp.

I am well experienced in self arrest and cravice rescue although living on the east coast has left me little experience with glacier travel. I have all gear and transportation taken care of I a just in need of a summit partner.

chrisccc wrote:Anybody can message me once the dates come closer. Barring a couple big climbs I've got this summer, I'm pretty available and in the Seattle area. May and August are my most available times, June and July would be spotty. I'm up for leading Rainier's DC or Baker's CD with 1 beginner or 2-3 experienced folks. I'll also be looking for a Kuatz Chute partner. Ideally from the 206/425 area so we can meet up earlier and chat. I can lead the route, but I would not be comfortable taking a beginner.
Chrisccc,

I am interested in joint you for a summit of rainier in may where do we go from here?
Matthew Battistoni wrote: Chrisccc, I am interested in joint you for a summit of rainier in may where do we go from here?
Hey Matt! Let's talk when the dates come closer. It would be hard for me to commit to a date this far out. I've got a few big climbing objectives this season that I am still trying to plan.
NathanC · · Ogden, UT · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 15

I'll also be looking to fall into a group and/or partnership for Rainier. Should be coming off a big hike in the Sierras early-mid August and be nicely acclimated to 12k+.

Depending on time-frame, I could be persuaded into taking on a few other climbs as well!

Hey Chris!

I'd be really interested in tagging along!
Lets talk more when the time gets closer :)

Thanks
Dan

Sandy Dash · · Beaverton, OR · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 40

Am interested too. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sandy

Hey Chris,

I have a flight booked out to Seattle for the time frame of may 24-28th. Is this going to line up with your plans?

Best regards,

Matthew

Matthew Battistoni wrote:

Hey Chris,

I have a flight booked out to Seattle for the time frame of may 24-28th. Is this going to line up with your plans?

Best regards,

Matthew

Hey Matthew,

My climbing schedule is pretty much 100% booked through the end of July at this point. I'm planning on spending some time in the Cordillera Blanca. 

As long as the weather is in your favor, it should be pretty easy to snag a partner though. There are plenty of people on this thread even! 

edelweiss · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all, 

I am interested to climb Baker or  Rainier. I live in the Seattle area, have mountaineering experience  and have climbed both mountains a couple times.   I feel comfortable leading the standard routes and also up for a ski descent, if there is interest and weather/conditions are good. Message me if interested. Thanks and good luck to all! 

Hello edelweiss,

I have booked a flight to Seattle and am looking to summit rainier in late may.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Mount Rainier 2017"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started