Mountain Project Logo

San Antonio bouldering

Original Post
Zach V · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Any good bouldering around San Antonio area??? Headed there this February to visit my girls family, wanting to squeeze in a problem or two.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Enchanted Rock isn't too far and has excellent bouldering and trad climbing.

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

I'll be there for the Alamo Bowl the end of the month, so I'll check out Enchanted as well.

BigFeet · · Texas · Joined May 2014 · Points: 385

Yes, Erock will have what you are looking for, and more.

Guide book at ranger station is cheap.

Family can shop, eat, drink beer in Fredericksburg while you play. Did I mention food and beer? Check out the brewery in town... yum!

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Fredericksburg is also known for having the best peaches in Texas. Just get there early - Erock is popular for hiking and other things, and the parking lot fills up quickly on a nice day.

Blakevan · · Texas · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 56
Ted Pinson wrote:Fredericksburg is also known for having the best peaches in Texas. Just get there early - Erock is popular for hiking and other things, and the parking lot fills up quickly on a nice day.
+1 - they close the park when parking is full and you have to wait for it to re-open.
Zach V · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for the advice! Let me know Eric and thanks!

Rob Gordon · · Hollywood, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 115

If you prefer hard overhung limestone pockets, McKinney Falls in Austin is worth checking out. There's definitely more bouldering/climbing than just e rock. Check out bloodyflapper.com

Chalk in the Wind · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 3

I've heard there's some cave bouldering in San Antonio, but I've also heard it's been closed to climbing because of an accident (that did not involve actual climbers).

This might help:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=c…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "San Antonio bouldering"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started