Mountain Project Logo

Bouldering Partners in Japan

Original Post
Chris Dunham · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 210
Pano

Any Japan boulderers here?
I'm looking for people to boulder with around Tokyo (Mitake, Yugawara areas etc.) or in more distant areas. I generally head to the crag via train, but if you have a car/can drive, then even better.

Please PM!

Edit: I should also add that I usually climb on weekends and Japanese holidays.
Isaac Tait · · Oakdale, CT · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 3,124

PM sent

Jason Jacobi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Are you guys still around in Japan? My brother and I are here until the 11th and want to Boulder near the end of the week. Is it easy to get to the boulders from Tokyo? We'd probably take the train. We have a JR pass.

Chris Dunham · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 210
Jason Jacobi wrote:Are you guys still around in Japan? My brother and I are here until the 11th and want to Boulder near the end of the week. Is it easy to get to the boulders from Tokyo? We'd probably take the train. We have a JR pass.
Mitake is the easiest bouldering crag to access and it is the only place near Tokyo that I know of that has bouldering mat rentals (outdoor shop 'Maunga' near Mitake Station).

Some English topo should be available online as this area is very popular. Weekday trip recommended unless you don't mind crowds.
Jason Jacobi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Awesome. Thanks man. We'll go during the week for sure.

ScoJo · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 481

Any of you still in Japan? I'm here working near Mito (north of Tokyo), but will have free time March 24-27. If the weather cooperations, I'd like to go climbing somewhere in the Tokyo region. I'd be down to boulder or go roped climbing (but I only have personal gear - shoes, harness, chalk).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Bouldering Partners in Japan"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started