Mountain Project Logo

Water in Indian Creek 11/20-11/30

Original Post
Joshua Paul · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

I'm headed to the Creek for the first time this weekend and am looking for both partners and for some assistance with water. I'm riding a bicycle with gear and a rope, but would have a difficult time carrying in 10 days worth of water. Any help would be greatly appreciated! In terms of climbing I've limited experience on sandstone cracks and would hope to TR a few routes before flailing/failing on splitters. Thanks!

Joshua

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370

There is water at the campground in the Needles, but it may be turned off for the season? Plus, that might be considered stealing so of course you wouldn't do that;) There is water at the Visitor Center in Needles, just in the bathrooms I think? so bring lots of bottles. Water is for sale at the Outpost, but again, they might be closed for the season. Some that have been there more recently will have better beta for this off-tourist time of year.

Will you have a filter? You could always grab some from the Creek and boil it, but you might still have some floaters.. Good luck and have fun!

P.S. for partners, walk around and make friends at camp and causally mention you are solo and looking for people to climb with. If that doesn't work, hang out in the Supercrack parking lot or troll the base of Donnley or S.C. Butt, smile, and ask if you can take a lap.

Joshua Paul · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Hey Andy, thanks for the beta. I didn't realize there's water at the visitor's center, and I do have a filter. Thanks!

Josh

vietgoeswest · · Portland · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 100

Hi Josh, come find us at Super Bowl this weekend. Someone will likely be going to Monticello to resupply and will be gladly to fill up your bottles

Comanche Mckee · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10

Friendly vibes will get you anything you need at the creek. Maybe not everything you want, but definitely anything you need. Ask around and people will share.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Water in Indian Creek 11/20-11/30"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started