Mountain Project Logo

Mid-December in Chiangmai or Yangshuo!

Original Post
Yan · · Singapore · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi! Looking for a lead partner for December 13~19. Would be happy to go to either Chiangmai, Thailand or Yangshuo, China. Can bring rope/draws. Looking to project 6c/5.11b but happy to belay any level. Do drop me a note!

vasyl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hi. Would you go to Getu instead? Ill be there most of december! Looking for partner. Let me know if interested!

Robert Owyang · · Quincy, Ma · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Yannee
Hi! I'm a Chinese climber living in the northwest. Since it's too cold in winter I want go to South China and climb. If you decide to go to Yangshuo. I'm willing to be with you during December 13~19.

vasyl wrote:Hi. Would you go to Getu instead? Ill be there most of december! Looking for partner. Let me know if interested!
Hi vasyl,
I 'm a Chinese climber and have been to Getu in late Oct during the climbing festival. I like this quiet village! I can only lead 6a+/5.10a so I wont be able to help you in the Great Arch. We have another Trad climbing festival in Liming (Yunnan) on Nov 25th. You have chances find strong partners there(westerners or chinese).
Getu is a super remote village, maybe hard to go in or go out. You can hardly find any villager speaks english. For me come back there in early Dec is not a bad idea and by the way I can help you with the cultural difference.

Hi Robert. Would be cool if you joined for the climbing! I will actually be there with another friend from Taiwan who also speaks Chinese. However he just informed me that he has a finger injury and wont be able to climb as much :(. So it would be nice to have more partners since I plan to climb a lot! So you should join us and we can all climb together! :) Im flying to Guilin on Nov. 29 then meeting him in Guyang and going to Getu! Will stay there until dec 22 or 23! If youre interested give me your facebook or some sort of contact so we can plan more!

Hi Robert & Vasyl, great to hear from you!

I may be able to go to Getu in the beginning of December and get in to Yangshuo by/before 13 Dec. Let me see what I can do about 1-12 Dec and get back to you.

Robert, will you be bringing gear or should I?

It's yanne(at)operamail.com if you want to email!

vasyl wrote:Hi Robert. Would be cool if you joined for the climbing! I will actually be there with another friend from Taiwan who also speaks Chinese. However he just informed me that he has a finger injury and wont be able to climb as much :(. So it would be nice to have more partners since I plan to climb a lot! So you should join us and we can all climb together! :) Im flying to Guilin on Nov. 29 then meeting him in Guyang and going to Getu! Will stay there until dec 22 or 23! If youre interested give me your facebook or some sort of contact so we can plan more!
Yannee and vasyl,
My email is robert.ouyang@foxmail.com. My facebook is Robert Ouyang.
I will stay in Li Ming until Dec 4. And then I go to Getu to meet you!

Sounds awesome! Cant wait to climb! What hotel should we stay at? Can you recomend a good place sunce you've been there before? I was thinking to stay at the petzl hotel because I read that some of the cheaper ones dont have hot water.

Hi guys, I'm still trying to sort things out for the early part of December, will let you know once I figure it out! Hopefully soon!

Hi Rich. Ill be in Yangshou Nov. 29- Dec. 1 before I head to Getu. Then my flight out of China is on Dec. 23 So I might chill in Yangshou Dec. 21, 22 before I fly out since its close to the airport! Im down to climb for a couple days there!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Mid-December in Chiangmai or Yangshuo!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started