Mountain Project Logo

In Search of a Climbing Partner

Original Post
Adam P · · Truckee, CA · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 325

Hi,
I'm looking a regular climbing partner. I live in San Jose and climb indoors regularly at Planet Granite in Sunnyvale. My primary interest is climbing outside though.

I have 17 years of experience, ranging from the Nose of El Cap to Chamonix. I've thrown in multiple trips to JTree, the Creek, the eastside, the Sierra, Red Rock, Tahoe, Colorado, and El Trono Blanco over the past 17 years as well. I would be excited to return to any of those places or somewhere new. I climb in the 5.10 to 5.11 range.

I'm safe, fast and motivated to climb. I'm looking for a partner who is motivated to train hard and take trips anywhere. The climbing level isn't that important as long as you're safe, looking to learn, and are excited to climb.
Cheers,
Adam

Ben Robison · · Stanford, CA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 30

Hey Adam,

I'd be psyched to climb with you as possible. I'm mostly out of town until Jan 1 but then will be around and am aways psyched to climb/train.

In the mean time, I am flying back to SF this weekend and was planning to spend Mon-Thurs in Yos before heading down to RR and then the Creek. If you are free, any interest in a tall objective in Yos. HD or El Cap? I am a solid all around climber and will lead mid 10s in the valley and follow harder. I just bought ladders and ascenders and have practiced a bit if you have the other gear for big wall shenanigans.

-Ben

Lenny Kozlov · · San Francisco · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 5

Hey Adam

I've got similar expereince, also 17 years, lived in Chamonix, trips to Patagonia, Yosemite many times and all over the world

Live in North Bay, Mill valley. Up to climbs in Sierra, Yosemite, ice climbs, and so on

PM me if interested

peter p · · Bay area · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 0

I'd be super psyched to climb with any of you. I am getting back into things after spending a ton of time with my kid who is 2 now.

I have 15 years, I've climbed in Thailand/Chamonix/Red Rocks/California/Canada, etc.

Does anyone want to climb this Friday/Saturday? I'm open to any local trips (Diablo/Castle Rock, etc)

David R · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 0

Are any of you free on Weekdays? My schedule fluctuates, hence I try to get out on the rock on Weekdays. I live in Sunnyvale and train at the Planet Granite.
Would be great to have a reliable weekday partner.

Thanks,
David (aka Levo)

Adam P · · Truckee, CA · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 325

Just want to see if this bumps the post to the top of the page. I'd like to find a partner who wants to climb some of the Sierra gully ice routes this autumn as well.

Sunrise · · Vista,CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey all, I have experience in alpine climbing mostly in the sierra's, some ice climbs and would love to get out there here soon!  J-tree & tahquitz are super close. I will be in Tahoe this Thursday-Monday. East side seirra's are calling 

-Sunrise-

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "In Search of a Climbing Partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started