Mountain Project Logo

Colorado to RRG need gear storage - November

Original Post
JuliaMV · · Christchurch, NZ · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 17

Hello, I am likely driving/moving from CO to KY (and then onto OH) in November. I will have my life's possessions in my car. Does anyone have any ideas of good places in Slade to store stuff for 1-2 weeks while climbing in the area? I was last there about 10 years ago. Are car break-ins still a problem?

Will be looking for partners and rideshares once I nail down dates.

Thanks!

Brandon C · · Cincy, OH · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 240

Are you planning to store your stuff in your car, or unload while you're in Slade?
Break ins are not so much of an issue, at least for now. It seems like every once and awhile you hear of a rash of break ins. But, they haven't happened in quite awhile. Hope that helps.

Thanks Brandon. I was expecting to unload my stuff as I thought it'd be safer to store it somewhere, but maybe it's not as much of a worry anymore. Cheers!

Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,280

PM sent today with an idea.

Thanks Woodchuck - I'm all set.

Allan Macgomery · · Ohio · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 95
JuliaMV wrote:Hello, I am likely driving/moving from CO to KY (and then onto OH) in November. I will have my life's possessions in my car. Does anyone have any ideas of good places in Slade to store stuff for 1-2 weeks while climbing in the area? I was last there about 10 years ago. Are car break-ins still a problem? Will be looking for partners and rideshares once I nail down dates. Thanks!
Last year a buddy and i got all of our stuff stolen out of my car they broke in threw the back window and we never got any of our gear back. They got caught and about 6 months ago all 4 of them went to jail!!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Colorado to RRG need gear storage - November"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started