Mountain Project Logo

Anyone going to the Keyhole Classic next weekend?

Original Post
SenorDB · · Old Pueblo · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 8,565

Do you like low-key three day desert climbing parties? Or enjoy climbing with family and friends while watching dog packs and kid packs run around? If so, this is the place for you!

E I · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

Hey Dan! I'm considering stopping by on Saturday, what's the climbing going to be like? What was the turnout like last year?

I've heard that there will be a guide book for the area available this week, any info on that?

Arin F · · Las Vegas · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 64

I popped in last year on Sunday as the whole thing was coming to a close and there was still a ton of ropes out and people hanging out, climbing, etc.

Good time!

SenorDB · · Old Pueblo · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 8,565

You should definitely stop by! On average they'll be 1-2 dozen top ropes are set up throughout the Lower Canyon on climbs from 5.7 to 5.11ish. Last year 80-100 people showed up. A guidebook is in the works but won't be ready this weekend.

Leslie H · · Keystone · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 415

Is this event both days? And once in the canyon is it easy to find? I am interested in checking this out but dont know anything about it.

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

Fri-Sun

Purple is graded desert road

craigers · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Desert Dan!
I'll be there friday thru sunday. Coming from Flagstaff and looking forward to it. i can bring extra ropes, harnesses, and shoes if needed. Anything else to contribute?

Leslie H · · Keystone · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 415

I think I saw someone grab my dog's leash towards the end of the day; would love it if I could get it back...it's been here only leash for 8 years. Was pink now is just a "used" color. THANKS!!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Anyone going to the Keyhole Classic next weekend?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started