Mountain Project Logo

Petzl Sitta Harness Review

Original Post
David Lottmann · · Conway, NH · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 152

I loved testing this harness out the last couple months and have plans to review an Arcteryx FL-365 and a CAMP Air CR soon. Please checkout the in-depth review here!

northeastalpinestart.com/20…

Petzl Sitta Harness

crom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 25

Pretty accurate review imo. I've been climbing in the sitta since the spring and it hasn't let me down in terms of comfort or the ability to rack up whatever i need gear wise for a pitch. The rear gear loops are my only complaint. I know petzl makes them like that to work with a pack better, but i wish they were abit stiffer, like the adjama ones. Still able to lie flat but abit stiffer to make clipping/unclipping gear abit easier.

crom wrote:Pretty accurate review imo. I've been climbing in the sitta since the spring and it hasn't let me down in terms of comfort or the ability to rack up whatever i need gear wise for a pitch. The rear gear loops are my only complaint. I know petzl makes them like that to work with a pack better, but i wish they were abit stiffer, like the adjama ones. Still able to lie flat but abit stiffer to make clipping/unclipping gear abit easier.
thanks Crom! I meant to call that design feature out and spaced it... so much else to talk about with that harness! Thanks for pointing it out here. I 100% agree... I'm really not that concerned with harness/pack compatibility vrs. convenience!
Redford · · Boston MA · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 10

While I don't own this harness or ice climb I think you're rating it too high for ice climbing. The lack of the second set of ice clipper slots and non adjustable leg loops have got to be worth more than just 1.5 points.

Chris Walden · · Soldotna, Alaska · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 630
Redford wrote:While I don't own this harness or ice climb I think you're rating it too high for ice climbing. The lack of the second set of ice clipper slots and non adjustable leg loops have got to be worth more than just 1.5 points.
^^^ Agree. I love the Sitta and use it for most of my climbing but think I will be modding mine adding another set of ice clipper slots. Was a PITA last season not having the additional slots.

Fair points but I would argue that they are adjustable, the stretchy elastic part easily fits over thicker layers. More ice clipper slots would be nice but I hear Petzl is coming out with a new carry tool that can fit over the harness without needing slots

BrisaMeadows · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

great

Chris Graham · · Bartlett, NH · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 545

Great review Dave!

I really have enjoyed using mine. The weight cant be beat, very comfortable on rappel and when at hanging belays considering its design. My only gripe would be the flimsy gear loops, I wish that they were a bit stiffer, but then you don't have the compressability and would lose some of the weight gain I would imagine, but I've gotten used to them and clearly wasn't and shouldn't be a deal breaker. A bit pricey for what it is, but cheaper than some of the lightweight competitors!

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

It's an amazing piece of gear... one of the best pieces of equipment I own.

Tyler Lomprey · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 55

needed a new harness before a trip i took to the Sierra, thought this would do the trick, I was sorely (literally) disappointed. Its my own dumb ass fault, but a week in The Needles with this thing destroyed my hips. Not enough space for carrying double rack + draws, not enough padding on hanging belays for my 200lb frame, and honestly it just felt to slimmed down. I ended up getting my old (new version though) Arcteryx harness back and felt reunited. I think i just used it for the wrong application that first week, as i was able to pack it in my bag on Mathes crest traverse later in the trip and use it while on the rappel. very compressible and lightweight harness.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "Petzl Sitta Harness Review"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started