Mountain Project Logo

NEPAL - mid October to mid December

Original Post
Mike Sullivan · · Durango, CO · Joined Sep 2004 · Points: 60

I'm looking for alpine partners in Nepal for the autumn climbing/trekking season. Hoping to do a couple of peaks in the 5500-6500 m range, PD to D. I have 20 years experience and have climbed about 15 peaks so far that are 5500+. I'm open to pretty much whatever, including some adventure trekking if I strike out on alpine partners. I plan to arrive in Kathmandu on Oct 14, fully acclimated and ready to roll!

Thunder Snow · · Idaho Springs, CO · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 0

I will be in Nepal October 25th to November 29. Wanna do the Mansalu trek?

I'll be at the Alpine Club's lodge in Kathmandu.

Andrew

Don, Ama Dablam in November is probably more than I'm interested in this year -- I don't think my clothes and Nepal Top boots will be warm enough. Let me know if you might be interested in doing something lower. (And less popular...)

Andrew, the Manaslu trek is a possibility. I don't know much about it but have heard that it's a great alternative to the three overcrowded trekking destinations. I'll do some more research on it. What dates are you thinking for your trek? BTW, are you friends with Jay and Lena in CB/Almont?

Mike

I arrive October 25 and will be in Kathmandu till the 27th. I would like to shoot for October 29th-October 30 for Manasalu.

I could go another time too, but I'd like to jump on that one ASAP.

Andrew

I landed in KTM yesterday and want to bump this post to the top of the queue. Still looking for alpine partners for the coming 6 weeks or so. Thinking about Pisang or Lobuche as possible objectives, but am open to other ideas.

Andrew Breitbart, I picked up a copy of the Manaslu map and did some asking around. Looks like a nice trek, especially going up to Manaslu BC. Let's stay in touch and see if the timing will work out. Meanwhile, I gotta find something to do to get out of the city as soon as I can... :-)

Andrew, I joined some partners to climb Imja Tse. Heading to Lukla in 2 days and should be back in KTM around 20 Nov. Don, if you're interested in pirating an out-of-the-limelight peak in the Khumbu after you finish Cholatse, let me know. Rules for climbing peaks legally have gotten way more complex and expensive in the past few years, and I'd rather skip all the red tape.

My mobile number here is 9818313207. Will be floating around the Khumbu for a few weeks after I finish Imja. Should be free ~ Nov 1-19 and will have my climbing gear with me.

Mike,

Have a great time. I arrive October 25th and plan to do the 3 Passes Trek near Everest on from October 28 to November 16. I think I am going to head to Pokhra next.

Cheers,

ADB

Andrew, I'll be in the same area at about the same time as you. Let's try to stay in touch and see if we can connect while on the trail. PM me and we can communicate by email.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "NEPAL - mid October to mid December"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started