Mountain Project Logo

November Road Trip, recommendations?

Original Post
Mike Fox 1 · · Greenwood, ME · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Looking for some advice from those of you who have some road trip experience in the past... We're three outward bound instructors meeting up after the season in the North East, and trying to get to some warmer climbing with only 3 weeks before winter seasonal jobs start up in December. My van is in Connecticut, so thats where everyone will be flying into and leaving from. As 3 weeks doesn't give us a ton of time, I'm hoping to get some input as to what is possible, and what is going to create too much time on the road. As for climbing, were looking for mostly trad in .10 range, with a couple days of harder sport climbing thrown in. Just hoping to get some input, thanks!

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

North Carolina/Tennessee: head to the New or Red on the way up/back for the sport climbing. If another hurricane comes through things might be wet but generally it's a great time of year to climb at the crags around Chattanooga and Knoxville as well as the multipitch south facing stuff in Carolina (Looking Glass, Laurel Knob, Linville Gorge, Whitesides, Rumbling Bald etc...) lots of free camping at some of these areas too.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trip Reports
Post a Reply to "November Road Trip, recommendations? "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started