Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Festivals

Original Post
drat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I just did my first Bean Fest down in southern AZ and it was by far one of the best weekends I've ever had. I am planning to dirtbag around the country in the very near future and hope to stumble upon more fests like it. Anybody have great local fests they could give me some beta on for my travels?

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 95

If your open for some ice:

Bozeman, Ouray and Lake City, Cody, Munising, Valdez, North Conway and many smaller ones out there.

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Bishop in early November

James Xu · · Moab · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 283

Forksfest up in northern AZ outside of Flagstaff is a fantastic one, though it usually happens the same weekend as Beanfest.

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 327

Cinco De Mayo In Seneca WV , smaller celebration but always a quality turnout. If you want to trade in the small community feel you can always hit up the Red Rock Rendezvous , which I think is in April this coming year.

Brian L. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 90

You just missed Rocktober Fest at the RRG.

Ed Schaefer · · Centennial, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 35

AAC puts on some Craggin Classics. There's one at Shelf in a couple weeks, and another in Moab the following week. I'll be at both.

drat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Ooo, might be able to make Moab. And the spring fests will definitely be on the itinerary.

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

Any cragging classic ive been to is a blast, as well as the Ouray Ice Fest. Going to Moab for the first time. Should be a good one.

Max Forbes · · Colorado · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 108
Brendan A · · Golden · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 115

Its far out but if you're bored on 4th of july the Ten Sleep Climbers fest aint too shabby

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing Festivals"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started