Mountain Project Logo

Found.

Original Post
TJ Brumme · · Marrakech · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 1,648

Missing since 8am on September 29th. Last seen at Sand Gulch campsite #10. Benny is approximately 7 years old. About 35lbs, orange & white Brittany Spaniel Nora is approximately 7 years old, about 32lbs, liver and white Beagle mix They both have microchips Owners have been searching since they went missing to no avail. We've got a few friends headed to Shelf today to help continue the search. Owners are Mark & Lauren Schaefer. They have the white Dodge Ram Promaster 1500 van. 

Please keep comments encouraging and helpful. I've already spoken with the BLM office and there have not been any recent sightings of bears or mountain lions in the area.

E Johnson · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2006 · Points: 50

Send these pictures to the Fremont County Humane Society!
Here is their Lost Pet page: humanesocietyfremontcounty.…
See their Found pet page!
Call them a couple times a day because they are probably way too busy and understaffed to call you. But letting them know your dogs' appearances and that you are actively searching for them is very helpful for them to know at the front desk.
From what I have heard people dump their dogs up there semi-regularly and that if a good Samaritan finds them, they will end up at FCHS (no other option in the area). They are a great organization but they are often overflowing with animals.
Humane Society of Fremont County
110 Rhodes Avenue - Canon City, CO 81212
Phone: (719) 275-0663
Email: info@humanesocietyfremontcounty.org
Fax: (719) 275-0664

If your friends see the horsie people staged at the entrance, they should distribute flyers with them. They should also drop flyers around town. I noticed your dog's breeds are hunters and they follow scents and whims and critters a long way from Sand Gulch. I don't have suggestions for reaching the immediate area residents; hopefully they just take the pooches to the HS.

Good luck!

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425
gregmiller7 wrote:kitty food
Is that really necessary man? You know animals are family members to most of us.

Rule #1

Thanks E Johnson! Waiting til the humane society opens at 11am to call. I'll be distributing fliers this afternoon.

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Scott McMahon wrote: Is that really necessary man? You know animals are family members to most of us. Rule #1
Every lost pet thread ends up with one dick. I'm calling Burch if this turns into a shitshow :)

Good luck finding Benny and Nora T. We're praying for you.
boo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 0

There is a ranch/hunt club on that road. I have absolutely no idea how you might get in touch with them. But those guys might see them/be able to hold them.

It's a scented wonderland for those dogs down there.....getting the word to the local hunters is pretty important.

LIV Veraldi · · Lone Tree, CO · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 495

Headed down this weekend - will keep an eye out for them. Good luck!

Sends McGee · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

Good luck guys

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
E Johnson wrote:Send these pictures to the Fremont County Humane Society! Here is their Lost Pet page: humanesocietyfremontcounty.… See their Found pet page! Call them a couple times a day because they are probably way too busy and understaffed to call you. But letting them know your dogs' appearances and that you are actively searching for them is very helpful for them to know at the front desk. From what I have heard people dump their dogs up there semi-regularly and that if a good Samaritan finds them, they will end up at FCHS (no other option in the area). They are a great organization but they are often overflowing with animals. Humane Society of Fremont County 110 Rhodes Avenue - Canon City, CO 81212 Phone: (719) 275-0663 Email: info@humanesocietyfremontcounty.org Fax: (719) 275-0664 If your friends see the horsie people staged at the entrance, they should distribute flyers with them. They should also drop flyers around town. I noticed your dog's breeds are hunters and they follow scents and whims and critters a long way from Sand Gulch. I don't have suggestions for reaching the immediate area residents; hopefully they just take the pooches to the HS. Good luck!
^^^ +++!

Can't stress how important that is. Shelters need to be contacted often.

A friend who was a falconer (Peregrines) hunted with his dog, who loved her job of quartering ahead, finding something, and holding however long it took him to catch up with his bird. She could get so far out, he finally just outfitted her with a radio collar and packed an antenna to keep track of her! I got to go out and watch this superb team in action. Both the dog and bird had absolute, laser focus. Just beautiful to see them.

Best of luck! I think your prospects are great. They're people oriented, and will show up when they are good and ready, and wonder what the fuss was about.

Helen
Paul Ross · · Keswick, Cumbria · Joined Apr 2001 · Points: 22,236

Should never trust a beagle to hang about ... find a scent and off they go.Spaniels not much better.

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425
Comanche wrote:Well weve said it once and said it again, dogs should not be allowed at Shelf
Is that a law?
Ross Wagner · · Breckenridge, Colorado · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Kitty Food? Really? That is so disrespectful and unnecessary. I shared this post on the Summit County Climbers Facebook page. Best of luck and if any of us hear anything we will be in touch.

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
+1
Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205

Fehim & Comanche, you don't like dogs. Fine, good for you. But can there be one post without someone being a dick? Hope the pooches make it back home.

Dan Mack · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 115
the schmuck wrote:Fehim & Comanche, you don't like dogs. Fine, good for you. But can there be one post without someone being a dick? Hope the pooches make it back home.
I don't try to change their behavior, I just silence the noise. Or die inside. Depends on my mood.

BUMP!
J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,926
Jack...

Fehim Hasecic wrote: +1
Asses.

To the OP:

Hope you find the pups soon!!
peachy spohn · · Portland · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,142

Good luck! I hope they make it back safely...

gregmiller7 is an asshole
Fehim Hasecic is also an asshole

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 70

I hope Mark and Lauren are reunited with their best friends. Good luck!

Chase Bowman · · Durango, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 1,010

^^^Wisconsin sucks..

P.S. hope y'all find them!

J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,926
Chase Bowman wrote:^^^Wisconsin sucks.. P.S. hope y'all find them!
Ha ha. Know what sucks worse? I don't give too poops about UW football...that is, except when they beat up on sorry @ss southern schools. As they say up der in da north, "f*ck 'em bucky!!" :)

Bump, for the puppies.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Found. "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started