Mountain Project Logo

Rock city ks

Original Post
Riley Long · · KCMO · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 716

I beleve there is plenty of potential in ks so here is a rout we like to call hatching trutle blue is match start and red is off

A rout i call hatching turtle

Hate to burst your bubble but your negativity is unwanted. I wasnt born or raised in colorado, California etc. And i think we all deserve the to climb at home. So unless you have some positivity of helpful info to add your opinion is unwanted. Im trying to grow the sport not put people down for trying.

Rock city is a weekend trip for me i live on the east side of kansas the mountains arnt as close to me as they ar to you..... garden city and we go other places i want it to be easier for people in kansas to go climbing i think if we can pave the way set up routs find places to climb then more people will join us. I wpuld join you but im in st.louis this weekenf

nate post · · Silverthorne · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 2,446

Plenty of Potential in Kansas for growing soybeans, wheat or corn but I don't think plenty of potential and climbing in kansas should be used in the same phrase unless it's tongue in cheek. hahah!

Will Haden · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 90
J. Pitts wrote:The problem here I think is....
You live in Shawnee, KS and you are going to Rock City instead of Warsaw, Trappers, Providence, Raven Rock, etc.
Ryan Surface · · Kansas City · Joined May 2014 · Points: 438

Missouri still has lots of potential, there is more sandstone out there than you think.

Doug Lintz · · Kearney, NE · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 1,196
Will Haden wrote: You live in Shawnee, KS and you are going to Rock City instead of Warsaw, Trappers, Providence, Raven Rock, etc.
Yep
Chuck Becker · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 30

My first thought was who in their right mind is actually climbing at Rock City. Then I did a google map search of where exactly Shawnee, KS is and almost vomited. I feel for you Riley

Doug Lintz · · Kearney, NE · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 1,196

It's all good. Technically, it's the closest actual "rock climbing" for me although I haven't been there in many years. I refer to it as Eliminate City.

Tapawingo Markey · · Reno? · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 75
Riley Long wrote:Rock city is a weekend trip for me i live on the east side of kansas the mountains arnt as close to me as they ar to you..... garden city and we go other places i want it to be easier for people in kansas to go climbing i think if we can pave the way set up routs find places to climb then more people will join us. I wpuld join you but im in st.louis this weekenf
Dude, just go to warsaw, trappers, HCR and Sam's Throne on the weekends and quit torturing yourself.

For all of you telling me to go to missouri i go there every weekend but im getting tired of it. We should be helping eachother out not tearing them down. This has not been my normal experience with the climbing community. There has been way to much hate going on this thread. Dont we all want the same thing? I juat want to climb! So please if you dont have anything construtive to say then dont post anything.

Will Haden · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 90
Riley Long wrote:For all of you telling me to go to missouri i go there every weekend but im getting tired of it. We should be helping eachother out not tearing them down. This has not been my normal experience with the climbing community. There has been way to much hate going on this thread. Dont we all want the same thing? I juat want to climb! So please if you dont have anything construtive to say then dont post anything.
You do you, man. If Rock City draws your attention, then kill it. I think what we (as condescending as it may have come across at times) were trying to convey is that you could spend your time more constructively exploring or developing areas much more accessible and worth while. Have you climbed at Blue River Bend? If it were me, I would spend my time pushing my limits at places like that and the boulders around Blue River and Swope before driving 2.5 hours to boulder in bfe Kansas
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Rock city ks"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started