Mountain Project Logo

Not for profit to reclaim missing gloves for the homeless

Original Post
Eric Thomas · · Colorado · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 60

I am trying to start a Colorado based not for profit company to reclaim missing gloves for the homeless called One Glove

Say for example, you're doing a multi-pitch ice climb and you take your glove off to take a sweet photo of your buddy following. Then all of a sudden, you drop your glove and have to suffer the rest of the climb holding off frostbite.

You try to find that glove that fell on the descent back to the base but the wind blows it away into the abyss like a sock goes missing in the laundry. Now you're stuck with one glove which is basically useless.

If this has happened to you climbing, skiing, snowboarding, etc. then please consider donating that glove to One Glove which will attempt to pair up single gloves for the homeless this winter. Lots of people show up to shelters each year with frostbite and having a good pair of gloves would help immensely to help mitigate that.

If you have any questions, please ask away. Happy to answer.

Thanks for your time

oneglove.love/
facebook.com/oneglovemission
twitter.com/oneglovemission

Also, if you are in the Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins area and do not want to pay for postage, I will gladly drive to you to pick up any gloves you can do without this winter.

Mark Hammond · · Eldorado Springs, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 466

Capital idea Eric, bump! I will hunt through the closet and find some gloves for you.

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5

Great idea - I'll keep this in mind when our lost and found items hit their expiration date!

Thanks Mark and Em. I'd be happy to pick them up locally to help you save a trip/postage.

Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151

Maybe expand the accepted items lineup and send out the message around Missing Sock Memorial Day - people are burying the remaining lonely sock.

awolf · · New York, NY · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 15

Great idea! You've probably already thought of this, but I've seen huge boxes of singles at resort ski shops...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Not for profit to reclaim missing gloves for th…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started