Mountain Project Logo

any interest in bouldering at south mountain phx?

Original Post
Joe Borysko · · Tempe, AZ · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 435

hello. i've been climbing at the boulders around the Mormon Trail for about a year now, and have cataloged what i've found here mountainproject.com/v/mormo…. i've yet to see other climbers there, although i have seen chalk marks on a couple of occasions, so i know it's not completely unknown. it still surprises that there isn't more interest in the area, since it has a lot to offer.

if anyone would like to go, feel free to respond or email me at joeborysko@gmail.com. i know it's not the best time of year for climbing, but the heat isn't too bad if it's early enough in the morning.

also, if anyone has information about others who have climbed around the Mormon Trail, I'd love to hear about it.

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

Looks like Petroglyphs on some of the Boulder photos you posted. I'm not saying they are . But you may wanna check as its poor form to boulder where they are!

Joe Borysko · · Tempe, AZ · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 435

are you referring to this one? mountainproject.com/v/11144…. there are two stick figures that are holding hands. i (perhaps foolishly) thought that this was "modern petroglyphs" rather than something authentic, since people have carved things like their initials in the rocks next to this. now that you bring it up i am not so sure though. i'll gladly remove those two routes if it looks to be authentic. in any case, i haven't touched the figures.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "any interest in bouldering at south mountain phx?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started