Mountain Project Logo

Simpson Park

Original Post
Caleb Milner · · Salt Lake City · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25

As far as I know there is no guide book or anything really out there correct? I know simpson is huge so there has to be some.

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349

Caleb.... IIRC there was a small website about that place.... I think the climbers name is Jack McBroom (sp?) he posted a ton on SummitPost.... at one time Jack held the speed record for all of CA 14ers..... wasn't broken till recently by folks who used a airoplane. I think he was a teacher at Hemitt HS.........

maybe a deep search of the NET might yeld results.

It is a fun place with some nice stone.

Caleb Milner · · Salt Lake City · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25

Yeah it is was just wondering if there is anything on it since it seems it is pretty secretive. Man its nice Simpson in my back yard and idyllwild thanks. Wow just looked that guy up and he is pretty popular will have to check out some more

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275

There are like 4 or 5 different editions of the guidebook authored by the possum. Not sure if that McBroom character even knows who the possum is... maybe he does. Anyway, if I run into you out there I will be able to give you one of the guidebooks... It is a really cool piece of work!!! old school, just like the possum...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Simpson Park"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started