Mountain Project Logo

New Zealand climbing trip

Original Post
Neb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hi everybody.

I'll have some time off this spring (south hemisphere) and am planning to go climbing in New Zealand (from late Oct to mid Jan probably).

Therefore, I' looking for two things : Information and resources about the local crags and potentials climbing buddies for Castle hill.

A good friend of mine will hit the road with me for 3 weeks before I'll settle down in Castle hill for a little while.
So I'm wondering, is there any worth visiting bouldering crag other than Castle hill ? We'll be driving around the country for a few weeks, and looking for nice pieces of rocks is usually a fun way to loose yourself in the outback.

Any tips and recommendation is more than welcome ! :)
Also, If you're looking for a friendly climbing partner in C.H. for mid/late Nov let me know.

Thanks a lot !

Cheers

Benoit

Adam Shanti · · Bristol, United Kingdom · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Ned,

as I have been doing similar research a few years ago, you can check out my "summary" I came with here: nzclimb.blogspot.de/p/new-z…

From top of my head I would recommend: Elephants rocks and Hulk Hogen for bouldering. Hulk Hogen is rain sheltered. But there are many more interesting places. I think short googling will get you to places like Paynes Ford, Wharepapa, etc...etc... all summarized in the blog post above.

hope that helps:)

adam

Neb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Sweet !
Thanks mate !

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "New Zealand climbing trip"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started