Mountain Project Logo

Berkeley Trad Partner

Original Post
Aaron Mendelson · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Just moved to Berkeley and looking for a partner. Currently lead ~5.6 trad, and want to get out on a regular basis to practice and up my game. I'm open to anyone at my level or a more advanced one that wants to mix in some easier stuff. I can follow up to .11 and definitely wouldn't mind following someone solid.

Kevin Young · · NorCal · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Aaron,

I am out in Walnut Creek and started leading trad 5.6/7 last year. Also want to get out more and push myself further. I can comfortably follow trad .9, mid .10s sport--have a double rack, ropes, etc and am very safe. Let me know if you are up for a Tahoe, Yosemite or other session soon?

Kevin
925-482-4263

Ed Henicle · · Santa Rosa, CA · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,369

Hey Guys,

I'm happy to give you a tour of Mt St Helena sometime - heading up there this Sat with a friend - you are welcome to join.

Ed

Aaron Mendelson · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Kevin, I'm super motivated to get out there. I'll send you a text tomorrow. Ed, I'd love to take you up on that offer this Saturday. What's the best way to get in contact with you?

Hardy Fulgham · · Bay Area · Joined May 2012 · Points: 60

Aaron/Kevin,

Count me in! ...I'm open to climbing most grades, especially moderates, not leading much harder than 8's on gear and maybe easy 10 sport depending, following easy 10's. I just did a fun tour of NorCal climbing, so I have some recent familiarity and the guide books as well. Plenty of gear, safety minded and just like getting outside!

Take advantage of Ed's offer - great group of folks to climb with! Feel free to contact me, too. For starters, I'm available this weekend until around Tuesday. I may go to St. Helena this weekend, but not set in stone.

Take care!

-Hardy
303-588-1239

Ed Henicle · · Santa Rosa, CA · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,369

Aaron - PM sent

Thinking of going to Hailstone or Macondo, but flexible

mountainproject.com/v/hails…

mountainproject.com/v/macon…

Wendy Zhao · · Cambridge, MA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5

Hey guys,

I live in East Bay and am looking for climbing partners as well! I lead 9-10s for sports and 7-8 on trad (still building my rack though)

I've got rope, draws, and am always happy to drive/carpool. Solid belayer as well. Down to climb this weekend or next either around the Bay or in Tahoe/Yosemite/Bishop. PM or shoot me a message 4153162538

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Berkeley Trad Partner "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started