Mountain Project Logo

North Face Mt. Borah

Original Post
zach cook · · Boise, ID · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 312

Has anyone been up the North Face, or any aspect of Mt. Borah for that matter this spring yet? If anyone has a condition report or have been up in Spring in the past...much appreciated.

Matt · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 106

You ever make it up to Borah? How are the conditions?

Brett Verhoef · · Northern Utah · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 380

I had heard the north face of Borah is much better in late summer or early fall. Are you hoping for more of a snow climb than an ice climb? I've never been up the north face but I'm planning to go in August so I'm interested in knowing the best time to climb it.

zach cook · · Boise, ID · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 312

So I have not been up yet since I posted, but am looking at heading up this weekend 6/10-6/12. Ill give an update post trip.

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 19,062

Zach, Matt, and Brett....seems that Cory (from Boise) has given a very thorough description of Mt. Borax and the north face here on MP. Reading his detailed comments would seem to be a great place to start. Also, as he's ascended a number of routes on the north face at various times of the year contacting him via PM could be very ensightful and productive. Good luck.

goingUp · · over here · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 30

zach, or anyone.... did you end up heading to Borah? I'm looking for a conditions report/update.
Im heading that way this weeekend

We went up the north face of Borah last weekend. It was a little more bare than we anticipated but was great climbing for most of the face. We ended up taking the summit couloir to the ridge. The route had great quality ice where there was coverage.

Does anybody know where the rock in the last picture would have come from?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "North Face Mt. Borah"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started