Mountain Project Logo

multiple ticks

Original Post
Matt Westlake · · Durham, NC · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 662

Maybe this has been proposed elsewhere but it would be nice if there was a function to fold repeat tick marks by the same climber into one. I have a friend who I love to death but his repeated tickmarks on the same route drive me slightly crazy when I go to read that section to try to get a sense of who's been putting mileage in on routes or to get some beta from their brief tick write ups. Maybe just a little +/- thing to collapse the list to a user level?

What say ye?

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Give me a url of what must be a most-excellent route and I'll have a look.

jbrd528 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30
Charlie S · · NV · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 2,391

I'm not the friend Matt speaks of, nor do I necessarily see the problem of multiple ticks. But for an example, here's one I am "guilty as charged":
mountainproject.com/v/somet…

Christian RodaoBack · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 1,486
Andrew Davidson · · Lake Stevens, WA · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,560

Ha, I'll throw my buddy under the bus too

mountainproject.com/v/godzi…

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,648
Charlie S wrote:I'm not the friend Matt speaks of, nor do I necessarily see the problem of multiple ticks. But for an example, here's one I am "guilty as charged": mountainproject.com/v/somet…
Also guilty as charged since I use the ticklist to track how many routes I climb a year regardless of whether they are repeats or not. I put them all in and note the style of ascent.

I don't know the best way to implement this since I certainly want all of my ticks to show up on my personal page, but I have no problem with them all only being displayed under 1 tick on the route page. Maybe just show the latest tick from each person on the route page with a + sign next to it to expand them all out if wanted?
Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,648
Seth Jones wrote:Adding a tick for each day you climb something isn't that bad. Listing multiple TR ticks in a day on the same route is pretty lame. Who cares how many times you ran up the same route while your TR was set up on it?
I do. I don't care if other people know, but it is nice to be able to track total pitches climbed in a day even if I am running multiple laps up the same pitch.
Christian RodaoBack · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 1,486

I don't know, but I definitely crushed that route with only 3 hangs and six falls :-)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "multiple ticks"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started