Mountain Project Logo

Missing two 2--last seen at base of Aires in Index with Red-headed brothers...

Original Post
Christopher Beaudoin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 0

This post isn't meant to be accusatory in anyway...

Climbed Aires in Index on August 17th with my buddy Ryan Minton...a pair of climbers were starting up after us, both with red hair, said they were brothers, probably in their 20's, borderline early thirties, and I think they had their stuff sort of mixed with our stuff, and I vaguely remember seeing a blue fleece thing and a pair of #2 BD cams mixed in with their shit...both of which, we came to find later, after assuming the other had our missing stuff, was not in the other's possession and were almost definitely left at the base of the climb with these brothers' stuff...

Climbing Prusik this weekend, bummed to see that my rack was missing BOTH my #2 cams (good thing I lugged my hexes up to the enchantments).

Anyone know how I can get a hold of them or what their names are? I'm sure it was a collective oversight but I'd like my cams back...

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

You can never trust gingers....especially the day walkers. Shifty bunch they are.

Aaron Erman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 259

I knew a Ryan Minton growing up. Did he ever live on the Eastside? (I.e. Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland...etc)

Peterson Twin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

What's up Christopher,
Just saw this and I want to clear my name. My brother and I climb at index quite a bit (I've done Aires many a time) and we both have red hair, both 22. I was unable to climb on the 17th or the whole week for that matter due to various reasons, nor do I have any extra gear ( I keep my rack tidy, I would definitely notice).

When I saw you're post I couldnt help but laugh at how there is another pair of red headed brothers at index that I don't know about. Lookin forward to meeting them. Will ask about your gear if I do! Best of luck Chris!!

-Cameron peterson

P.s. For any of them shifty Irish haters out there, I challenge thee to a friendly competition of you're choosing!! And then I'll buy you a beer haha
Cheers

Smith Rock · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 135
Dan Cooksey wrote:You can never trust gingers....especially the day walkers. Shifty bunch they are.
It's bad enough we don't have souls without random discriminatory Ginger remarks.

The Ginja Ninja
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Missing two 2--last seen at base of Aires in I…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started