Mountain Project Logo

Looking for an all around harness for a S/XS women

Original Post
Marty Theriault · · Quebec, QC · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 310

I am looking for a S or XS harness for my GF, it needs to be fully adjustable, have a lot of space on the gear loop for a double trad rack ( knocks BD of of the batch ) and Ice clippers. A lot of the size small and x small dont have full size gear loops in the back. Is there any suggestions from the smaller Ladies out there?

Shaina Savoy · · Las Vegas · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 1

After a long time of searching for near perfect harnesses this is what I have discovered..

For multipitch I'm obsessed with the Misty Mountain Cadillac harness. It's the comfiest harness imaginable. Super durable, everything adjustable & 6 gear loops.

Otherwise the AR-385A Arcteryx harness is exceptional all-around as well. Also adjustable, lightweight and versatile. Spacious gear loops and 4 ice clipper slots.

Anunta Anunta · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 284

I know that you say BD is knocked out of the running, but I climb with a small BD Lotus harness and don't have a problem racking a double rack on there. It has two full size gear loops on either size, adjustable leg loops and 4 ice clipper spots. Plus it's light and not all that expensive ($60 on backcountry right now).

I've also heard good things about the AR-385, but you definitely need to try it on and hang in it before buying (I personally don't find it all that comfy). The Misty Mountain Cadillac is a great comfy harness, but I personally like the way my gear clips into the BD lotus better than the Misty, and the misty is a little heavier (if that's a consideration for long approaches).

AlpineAlison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 5

These are the harnesses I'd check out further:

Arc'teryz AR 385a
BD Lotus
Wild Country Mission
Mammut Togir 3 Slide (monetarily the best deal on the list)
Edelrid Solaris

Note: I've see all of these harnesses in person although I haven't used all of them personally. I'd definitely check the size chart of the Edelrid Solaris because I'm wearing an XS but am normally a size small lady (5'2"/115) and I'm basically cinched to the max.

Also, if it helps to look at the options, you can see/sort/filter on every harness made today at: weighmyrack.com/harness (that's actually how I was able to remember all the names to create this list).

KathyS · · Poughkeepsie, NY · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 125

The Misty Cadillac has ice clipper slots. Only two, I think, but the 6 gear loops will hold all the trad gear you need. I'm on my 2nd one.

JK- Branin · · NYC-ish · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 56

My ex climbs in a BD lotus and loves it. Four molded gear loops that are pretty decent size for a tiny harness, and a fifth textile one across the entire back. Four ice clipper slots.

Andrew Williams · · Concord, NH · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 625

DMM Puma 2. Women's specific, 7 gear loops, free floating waistband to allow you to center the harness. the women's medium is like a typical s/xs sized harness.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Looking for an all around harness for a S/XS wo…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started