Mountain Project Logo

New to St. George and need a climbing partner

Original Post
crhaag Haag · · St.George · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Hey there,

My name is Chris. I relocated to St. George from Detroit in December of 2015. I am in search of a new climbing partner. I can usually cut our from work early at least 1 day during the week and would love to spend one day on the weekend having some bigger adventures. I spent some time in El Potrero last year and have been pretty obsessed with getting on some more big walls ever since, so I would love to get on some routes in Zion etc. I'm also good with trips up to Moab and elsewhere. I currently climb in the 5.10/5.11 range on sport, although I would probably progress quite fast with a partner that could get out on a regular basis. I don't have much trad experience, but would like to do more and have amassed quite a bit of gear. Drop me a note on here or email me. Address is crhaag at a very common mail service that begins with a g.

Cheers,

Chris

anthony509 Excelsior · · Austin TX. formerly las ve… · Joined May 2009 · Points: 77

I know nothing of st george climbing but am interested to explore. I live in vegas and do know something of red rock. I have old school preferences: trad, sport, bouldering in that order.

I could use more weekday partners. I have rack and ropes.

Hit me up. Here or there does not matter.

BruceH · · New Harmony, UT · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 45

Hi Chris (and other SW Utah folks),

I have a flexible schedule and really like to get out on weekdays. I'm just starting to ease my way back into routes after a shoulder injury (labrum) last fall; hopefully, it won't take me too long to get back into the 5.11ish range. I'm new to the area as well - I'm close to starting construction of a house in New Harmony, so both St. George and Cedar are convenient. (And Kolob is a stone's throw, at least for someone with a shoulder that hasn't been abused by bouldering.)

--Bruce

Dow Williams · · St. George, Utah; Canmore, AB · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 240

I need to meet someone in Zion on Wed and would be up for climbing for the day. Any 5.10/11 free climb, I have done most, your choice.

crhaag Haag · · St.George · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Dow, I could be up for that. Just sent you a PM.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Utah Partners
Post a Reply to "New to St. George and need a climbing partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started