Mountain Project Logo

Longs Peak Triathlon?

Original Post
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

I just heard through the grapevine that the record for the Longs Peak Triathlon has been broken.

There are many versions of this but I understood that the record was the decades old Roger Briggs solo record that ended on the summit at 5:45. Did this actually happen? Am I confusing one record with another?

I have no names or dates. Just rumor that it may have occurred.

Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 845

I thought you had sex in the hut below Chasm, swam across Chasm, and climbed the wall.
I've been tryin to get first solo

Adam Reke · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2013 · Points: 10

I was on the casual route when home boy shows up at the crux pitch in his bike shorts and no rock gear. I couldn't believe it! He gave us some beta on the crux pitch then sent it making it look easy AF

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35
Adam Reke wrote:I was on the casual route when home boy shows up at the crux pitch in his bike shorts and no rock gear. I couldn't believe it! He gave us some beta on the crux pitch then sent it making it look easy AF
Do you know if the record was broken and if it was, what is the new time?

JKeller, I am aware of this ascent, I actually watched it. Pretty humbling since I've done the CR myself in about an hour but on that day I was averaging something like 2 hours a pitch!
Kangaru Rat · · Under a Rock · Joined May 2008 · Points: 0
Stiles wrote:I thought you had sex in the hut below Chasm, swam across Chasm, and climbed the wall. I've been tryin to get first solo
Let me get this right: You’re talking about sex in the hut below Chasm and a first solo. Wouldn’t that be a “fist solo”?
Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 619

More information,

fastestknowntime.proboards.…

Kevin Cooney and Neil Biedleman had a very old record of 10h30m set on, 8/10/90 but they didn't carry their gear.

Stefan may have had the last unsupported record, but I'm not sure, exactly. Bill's page has some old, outdated data points,

wwwright.com/climbing/speed…

Stefan was up there again freesoloing the route last Sunday, after cycling from Boulder,

Alton Richardson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 170

This UNSUPPORTED LPT did happen. Check the link in the second post. Total time of 9hrs, 6mins.

I was a part of the ground crew filming with Anton and Stefan as they rode up, transitioned to running, and then came back down, transitioned back to bikes and road back to town. It was insane watching these guys ride so hard after doing so many other things that day! To me, what is most impressive is there time from the summit of Longs to the trail head in 59 minutes! Its a good thing that it was drizzling by the time they got back to the TH, cuz they were on fire coming down that trail!

Caleb Cerling · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 55

My partner and I had just topped out when those two tagged the summit. I don't think I've ever seen anybody moving so fast down the cable's route. By the time my partner and I made it from the summit to the first rappel they were long gone, and by the sounds of it, probably already back to the trailhead.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Longs Peak Triathlon? "

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.