Mountain Project Logo

Bryce Canyon Climbing

Original Post
Stringlord778 Jackson · · norwalk · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 10

Hey guys,

Can you tell me if there is any climbing in the Bryce Canyon area any links would be helpful..

Thanks...

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Stringlord778 wrote:Hey guys, Can you tell me if there is any climbing in the Bryce Canyon area any links would be helpful.. Thanks...
There isn't any climbing in Bryce Canyon. The only option is nearby locales. See the links FrankPS provided.

Edit: I missed the Bryce Canyon area in the OP, so clarified that there isn't climbing in the park.
john strand · · southern colo · Joined May 2008 · Points: 1,640

Brian Head is OK

John Hegyes · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2002 · Points: 5,676

Check out The Jungle on Aquarius Plateau. We've had a couple trips out that way and found the climbing to be pretty fun. Just up the road a little from Bryce.

Roy Suggett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 8,978

There is NO climbing in BCNP! But, just up the road...

mountainproject.com/v/jungl…

Have fun!

Roy

thanks for all the input guys, im going to be in Bryce/Zion the last week of Sept. and first week of Oct. looking for a climbing partner, let me know if anyone will be in the area to climb..

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507

+1 for the jungle. Fun climbing.

Ryan Underwood · · Laguna Hills, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55

+1 for the Jungle!!!!

The turnout is about 30 - 45 minues north from the bryce junction. About another 45 - 1 hour on a dirt road that is 2WD accessible. We made it in my Kia Forte in late June. With a high clearance you probably could just fly right up this mountain, though be careful for OHV using the road.

Plenty of primitive campsites available in a beautifully secluded area that will blow away your mental picture of what Utah looks like. All the rock we climbed on felt solid though it's said to be a hit and miss like anywhere else. Be careful in the talus fields as boulders the size of sedans will teeter if not wedged under another large rock.

Ryan Underwood · · Laguna Hills, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55
Stringlord778 wrote:thanks for all the input guys, im going to be in Bryce/Zion the last week of Sept. and first week of Oct. looking for a climbing partner, let me know if anyone will be in the area to climb..
If you want to save on camping/lodging in Zion. There are free campsites on Kolob Terrace Road. It's about 20 minutes outside the gate but if you pick the right free sight there is even a portapotty there.

thanks Ryan...

Austin Baird · · SLC, Utah · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 95

Jungle is AMAZING. Although possibly inaccessible in October depending on weather.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Bryce Canyon Climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started