Mountain Project Logo

Beginner Looking For A Bit Of Guidance

Original Post
Cory Underhill · · Gainesville · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Whats up!

I moved to Denver earlier in the year and have since taken up quite an interest in climbing. I've been up some easy routes in the Flatirons with my shoes and a chalk bag, but I'm really looking to rope up and improve. Issue is, outside of myself I don't really know anyone who is interested in climbing, and I don't have too much of an interest (or the funds) in climbing indoors. Just looking for someone in the area who might be kind and willing enough to take me out and teach me whatever they have to offer, and I'll totally bring beer (or beverage of choice)!

Thanks guys!

Tim Strong · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5

Yo.

Im by no means an expert climber, but I know the area and I love to climb. I have all of the gear needed for sport climbing and I can teach you most of what you need to know to be safe and have fun. I climb mostly in clear creek outside of golden. What areas are you close to? I live in Arvada so I am about 30 minutes out from most spots. Im available to climb weekends and even after work if the sun is still up. Hit me up. 301-467-8934

Actually a trad route at Canal Zone. 5.9

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Nice offer, Tim.

Lee St · · Dallas, Ga. · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I moved to Denver about a year ago. I'm also a beginner and looking for some people to get outside with. Took a class at the gym last weekend and I'm hooked. Gonna try to hit it at least 3-4 times a week since it is close to my office. Any help will be appreciated.

Brady3 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 15

I've been in Denver about 3 years now and am always looking for more people to climb with. I don't climb real hard and am mainly focusing on trad. I have a rack, rope, and car.

I have a car and would be more than willing to drive. Looking to purchase gear now

Got some gear today and spent about 3 hours in the gym. Man I am so hooked. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151

I sent a couple PMs to people - always glad to teach the basics on a weekend I am out there. My schedule is usually free on either a Friday or Sunday around a Saturday objective. PM me if interested.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "Beginner Looking For A Bit Of Guidance "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started