Mountain Project Logo

Dirtbaggers? Climbers camping short term? Be a part of my photo project!

Original Post
Christina Belasco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5

Hey guys! I'm a documentary photographer who also has a passion for climbing. I'm beginning a new project that will focus on the lifestyle of the modern dirtbag and outdoor climbing in general, I'm posting on here to see if any of you would like to be a part of it!

Mainly this will involve portraits at your campsite/van/truck and obviously a bit of climbing.

I'm based in NYC but able to go wherever is needed on most weekends. Eventually this may turn into a larger nationwide project but we'll see. For now it's staying local in the Northeast. Let me know what you all think! It would be great to meet up.

Here's a link to my portfolio in case you're wondering what some of my work is like: christinabelasco.com

edward pinskey · · Bethlehem NH · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 727

Cool project idea! Your photos on your site are great, good work. If you end up in NH at all email me if ya want. ripunx12690@gmail.com

Jenna Balinski · · Ten Sleep, WY · Joined May 2015 · Points: 11

I live in a Honda Element with my dog - we'd be available for pictures if you make it to NH as well!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Glamorizing vagrancy? :)

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Honest question: is the dirtbag lifestyle as prominent in the East as it is in the West? Seems easier to avoid winter on the Left Coast, but maybe that's not the goal...

pinskey wrote:Cool project idea! Your photos on your site are great, good work. If you end up in NH at all email me if ya want. ripunx12690@gmail.com
Awesome! I will definitely email you. Seems like there's a couple people in New Hampshire who are down so definitely worth a stop.
Mike Mellenthin wrote:if a pee bottle doesn't somehow make it into a photo then it's not reality :) for dudes at least. a thought: taking photos of the vehicles and not of the climbing seems to miss the point. enjoyed your portfolio, good luck!
hahaha good lord well I'll be sure to keep an eye out for pee bottles then. And I would absolutely be including photos of people climbing. Trying to capture the entire lifestyle of it. And thank you!
JoshuaSee · · Stanley, Idaho · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Spending November in the creek, will have other on/off guide friends and dirtbaggers alike!

chris vultaggio · · The Gunks · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 535

Good luck with your project - I'm in the gunks if you make your way up from NYC.

Alex Martin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 66

Hey Christina. My girlfriend and I are traveling climbers. If interested in our photos or talking about our doc look us up on Instagram @the_climbing_g20.

RichBeBe · · New York City, NY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 1

I've lived in my van dirt bagging around the country this summer, heading home to NYC next week. Time to teach the next generation of climbers, or just tech students. Before I break my van down, we could shoot some photos. PM me and we can see if it can work it out. Might also hit the Gunks Labor Day weekend,

RichBeBe wrote:I've lived in my van dirt bagging around the country this summer, heading home to NYC next week. Time to teach the next generation of climbers, or just tech students. Before I break my van down, we could shoot some photos. PM me and we can see if it can work it out. Might also hit the Gunks Labor Day weekend,
Hey Rich! Did you get my PM? Send me an email at christina.belasco4@gmail.com if you didn't. I'd be stoked to meet up with you
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Dirtbaggers? Climbers camping short term? Be a…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started