Mountain Project Logo

Manitou Springs Magog climbs

Original Post
grabski · · N California · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 105

Anyone have beta on climbs at Magog rock on the way to Cameron's cone?

Most of the upper block is steep blank face. But on the northeast face there's a fixed pin in a corner flake system. On the lower rocks on the north side it looks like there could be one or two low angle cracks leading up some solid flakes, and a cool short left arching hand crack on the north side middle block. On the lower south face there's a hard looking 40ft fist/off-width crack that starts as a horizontal overhang and slowly moves less steep through the face.

It doesn't surprise me there's no Magog and Gog info online since it's a grueling hike and an obscure rock. But there are some cracks that are surprisingly not crumbly and someone has been up there in the past.

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

No but ill hike up there with you to check it out. Im always down to go exploring. PM me if you're interested.

grabski · · N California · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 105

I would love to, but I actually won't be around. I grew up in Manitou, but I don't live there anymore. I was in town last weekend for a short visit when I hiked up to Magog and noticed the potential climbs. If you find someone else and explore it I'd be curious to hear how it goes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Manitou Springs Magog climbs"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started