Mountain Project Logo

Great Wide Open

Original Post
Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

Anyone seen this? I didn't know that Jared Leto is an avid climber, palls with Honnold and Caldwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjuF50lYcrk

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70
BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

Premiers tonight?

Jonathan Z · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 35

Here is the link your you guys!! :)

youtube.com/playlist?list=P…-

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

Cool... thanks!

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

I watched episode 1 and 2 on YouTube. They were really beautiful with lots of awesome footage, but as someone who follows all the big stories in climbing, I didn't learn anything new. Caldwell was taken hostage. Renan almost died. Those stories, while incredible, have already been told many times. (Maybe these aren't really for climbers, but a mainstream audience?)

Also, the episodes both transition halfway through from being about Tommy and Renan respectively to showing them guiding Leto around Yosemite. I don't really know what that adds.

I'll keep watching the other episodes as they are released. Curious to hear other people's reactions.

Leify Guy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 367

Sharma posted a picture with Leto not too long ago, maybe they were working on a future episode.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Yea it jumps around alot. I don't these are intended for real climbers but it would be nice if they did a better flow of the climb. They missed a few really cool key spots that could have been some great video on royal arches.

Go Back to Super Topo · · Lex · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 285

Jared Leto can truly do it all

Emily Walis · · New Paltz, NY · Joined May 2016 · Points: 36
Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151

Obviously not an avid climber as OP said, but pretty ballsy, trusting and courageous. Not gonna spoil it, worth watching for the Caldwell scenes. Tommy is sooo down to Earth, same with Honnold. Truly amazing people.

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

It was a joke on my part. I respect Leto for his movies, not so much for his music. I'm curious why he chose to do this?

Yer Gonna Die · · Cragville · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 175
Fehim Hasecic wrote:It was a joke on my part. I respect Leto for his movies, not so much for his music. I'm curious why he chose to do this?
because he enjoys the outdoors. if you follow him on snapchat, he's often outdoors, often climbing.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Great Wide Open"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started